7 Weeks post-op...sorry for the delay

Nurse N.
on 10/26/11 12:26 pm
Thank you Frankie! How are things going for you? Yea even the sugar free kool aid packets watered down with a little lemon juice is still too sweet. My kids look at me and go Mommy you know you aren't going to like it, but I gotta try. I want a little variety!

Hope all is well with you also!

Nika
Frankie
on 10/26/11 1:03 pm - NY
 I've lost 30lbs to date. I swear my taste buds are horrible. I can't wait for this to pass.

Julie R.
on 10/26/11 8:58 am - Ludington, MI
 It sounds like you've at least gotten through the buyer's remorse and you are ROCKING the weight loss aspect of it.    You're doing great!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Nurse N.
on 10/26/11 12:28 pm
Thanks Julie! You are my Shero! I'm definitely rocking he weight loss, and loving being able to put something on in the closet that I just didn't wanna let go.

Smooches,

Nika
pktwatch
on 10/26/11 9:13 am
Hi Nurse Nika, I was at that support group last night and I now know who you are.....the marshmallow comment gave it away! Hope that you show up for more meetings and try to get out to dinner with a few DS'ers, it is a good way to learn how they eat and learn some tips. Here is a link to the DS support Calendar for the Indiana group:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=8nlckb4sdrmi0ateo9 [email protected]&ctz=America/New_York&pvtt k=e463516af914653ab780c8586217fe7d&gsessionid=OK

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Nurse N.
on 10/26/11 12:31 pm
I will definitely be there next month, and I will try to go out to eat. I know it will be a learning experience to see how everyone at different stages eat. Thanks for the link, and it might be time for you to change that avatar. You don't even look the same. Hope all continues to go well with you. See you next month!

Nika
Lori F.
on 10/26/11 1:07 pm - Chula Vista, CA
Nurse Nika, I am SO glad to hear from you. I was afraid to ask if anyone heard from you! SO GLAD you are hanging in there. Thanks for taking the time to post- I am hoping my turn will be soon and I want to be ready fro ANYTHING. I can't imagine not being able to tolerate water... well, it will all be worth it! Congrats on the closet surprise. That must be fun. Look forward to more good times. How's the bathroom thing going? I'd love info about those first few weeks...
Lori
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Nurse N.
on 10/27/11 3:58 am
Lori thank you so much for your concern, that means a lot to me. I definitely was incognito for awhile, but I'm back! I'll send you a pm describing the bathroom thing and my first few weeks post-op. I'll be praying that your time is really soon.

Nika
Twyla S.
on 10/27/11 2:43 am - Chattanooga, TN
 Congrats on feeling better!  I hope that light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting brighter for you.  So now I need to expect a BIG change in tastebuds too?  LOL  My big thing I keep worrying about its feeling sick at my tummy.  Stupid, I know.  But I hate feeling that way...I mean HATE it.  Good luck to you!

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
Nurse N.
on 10/27/11 4:03 am
Twyla you have such a beautiful name! Yes please don't underestimate the intensity of the tastebud change, definitely was the biggest shocker. We are alike in the fact that I absolutely hate being nauseous.Not that I know anyone who does, but it's so bad that I would categorize it as a phobia for me. I also have noticed that my gag reflex is a little more sensitive with smells, looks of things, and even sometimes brushing my teeth. I pray this will pass.

Thanks,

Nika