Wife and good Dr. friend of mine says DS is NUTS!

Hawkeye5150
on 10/26/11 3:15 am
Excellent points bender.  As a side question, how many pills do you take daily.  I saw a youtube video where the guy was downing 44 pills a day.  What is your experience?
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/11 7:34 am
Right now, I take 20 pills a day spread over 4 times (Morning, Noon, Evening and Bedtime). Depending on my blood work I'll increase or decrease as needed (:
calendargirl
on 10/25/11 10:27 pm - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12
Way to be, Hawkeye5150!  School 'em!

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

scoob
on 10/25/11 11:09 pm - Somerset, KY
Honey, NO ONE in my immedialte family liked the idea of me getting the DS. I fought for almost 2 years to get the surgery with support only from a few close cousins, some WONDERFUL   DS and other WLS friends in real life, and of course these wonderful people on this board.

I had even been a FAITHFUL watcher of the biggest loser. Every episode was a fight/heated argument, with my DH. I have NOT watched that show since.

I told my family, you don't have to like MY decision BUT if you love me you'll be there for me. They were. My DH  loves the new, healthier me. My mom, who HATED the idea, would love to have the DS herself now, but because of a bone disorder she can't have the malabsortion.

You do what's best for you. You've found the best WLS available. You have also found the greatest forum available. Stick around, stick to your guns, and I agree with Diana. Take care of your own medical needs, paperwork and all, from here on out. YOU have to be your own advocate with the DS! You WILL eventually have to "school" some medical professional in the DS at some point or another.

Good luck! Oh and I wouldn't put a lapband on a rock! Have your family check out the revisions forum.

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Imissthe80s
on 10/26/11 12:33 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
"Oh and I wouldn't put a lapband on a rock!"..................

scoob
on 10/26/11 3:19 am - Somerset, KY

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Hawkeye5150
on 10/26/11 3:26 am
 Scoob, thanks for sharing your story.  It's inspiring to read stories of others who have walked through the eye of the hurrican alone too.  The other ironic part of this story that I failed to mention is that my wife is MO also.  Her BMI has to be 45+ so the pushback is ironic.  We have dieted together, participated in a family "biggest loser" competition (I took 2nd) and are in very similar boats.

Perhaps my WLS is higher on my list than hers, but it's perplexing just the same.  I am a local Scoutmaster and tonight I am taking my kids ice skating for one of their merit badges but there ain't no chance I'm getting on two blades and skating around.  It's a health hazard so I'm going to put on a parka, boots and walk around the ice because I'm too fat to participate.  These are the kinds of experiences I'm missing out on because i'm MO.

Thanks for hearing me out and giving me a boot to the azz to keep going.  I need to hear this more than ever!

Elizabeth N.
on 10/26/11 7:52 am - Burlington County, NJ
AHHHH. No, the pushback is not ironic. It is suddenly totally understandable. How about the weight of the OBGYN?

Hawkeye5150
on 10/26/11 10:51 am
 Like a lot of Dr.s, my friend is completely INSANE!  If it's an extreme sport he is in.  The funny thing about him is that he gets injured ALL THE TIME.  P90X, extreme mountain biking, motorcycle riding, he can't sit still to save his life.  He's very active and we are going to Maui with he and his wife in February.  I'm nervous because my idea of vacation and his could be totally different.

Yatzee and Mai Tais for me please.  He can surf Jaws all he wants.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/26/11 11:10 am - Burlington County, NJ
Um, and you'd take this guy's "advice" about WLS because....? I sure wouldn't trust him for anything outside his area of specialty. I really STRONGLY question his decision making capabilities if that's how he spends his free time.

Definitely time to consider the sources on this input you're getting. They don't know WTF they're talking about AND they have ulterior/extra biases and/or motives.