Dr SChlessinger

lauriv
on 10/25/11 3:38 pm
 Has anyone here had Dr Schlessinger? I know that I have previously seen posts saying to avoid him and when I google it or do a DS search I am turning up little. 
Why is he not considered a good surgeon?

~ Lauri

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/25/11 4:30 pm - Sedona, AZ
I will find some things in our archives I remember reading for you. You can start with this patient . . .

www.obesityhelp.com/member/tjwood/

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/25/11 4:41 pm - Sedona, AZ
ok I found a similar inquiry as yours and will post this one for you to ses.   I came to these forums a couple years back also looking for him. I almost had an RNY from him in 2005 and cancelled and  was reconsidering and looked for info on finding him here. I also was warned about him in a similar way as this post.

you need to cut & paste these to you address bar as they are not coming on as blue clickable links.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4075078/Dr-Schlesinger/

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

lauriv
on 10/26/11 1:15 am
 Wow! Scary story! I will pass it on!
Thank you!

~ Lauri

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/11 6:08 pm - San Jose, CA

Why?  Do an advanced Yahoo search on this forum and on the revisions forum.

Here's one tidbit - he gave someone a 20 cm common channel for her ERNY (which he did instead of a DS revision because he apparently doesn't have the experience or skills to do a proper pouch to sleeve revision) which had to be COMPLETELY redone by Keshishian.  And I hear he isn't a skilled or perhaps even competent lap surgeon.  But read the boards yourself and find out what his PATIENTS say.

lauriv
on 10/26/11 1:04 am
 Thank you Diana!
I have a friend who wants to go to him. He is pushing a lap band and he is leaning that way but he also said he would do a DS or. RNY. I want to give her as much info as I can!
The lap band almost killed me so I am concerned for her.

~ Lauri