The shakes with the best taste?

-Amanda-
on 10/25/11 1:19 am
Getting ready for surgery , So wondering what kind of shakes do you like?
  I heard there was one that taste like pina colada? Anyone know what kind this ine is?
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/11 1:27 am - Saint Louis, MO
Don't bother trying them now.. likely your tastes will change after surgery anyway.  What I recommend is ordering all of vitalady's samples and trying them all after surgery until you find one that works for you.

Syntrax makes a bunch of fruity flavors, but I like my Belgian chocolate coffee drink the best.
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/11 3:33 am
Jay Robb shakes are wonderful!  He has the pina colada one as well as tropical deamsicle, strawberry, vanilla, unflavored, etc.  They don't have that "protein taste" to them at all.  I got mine at GNC and they will allow you to buy it and return it if you don't like it.  Good luck!
butercup
on 10/25/11 4:46 am - Kennewick, WA
My tastes did not change after surgery and I wish I'd have got stuff before hand when I had the energy and interest to try things.
Renfairewench
on 10/25/11 7:17 am
I like Jay Robb strawberry Whey and the egg white protein.
I like IDS Vanilla Cinnamon
and Syntrax Cappuccino

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/11 8:17 am
I like Chike's orange flavoured one, I haven't tried the other samples I got from them but if they are anything like that orange one I will like them too!

I also like Milky Whey, but I'm not sure if you can get it in the States (I live in Canada).

Most of the other ones I tried, I could taste the whey too much.
MajorMom
on 10/25/11 8:39 am - VA
Syntrax Caribbean Cooler tastes like a pina colada order some samples first though. I really like Syntrax Nectar chocolate truffle and strawberry mousse. IDS vanilla-cinnamon for coffee and chai tea.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

-Amanda-
on 10/25/11 12:27 pm
Where do you get those at?
MajorMom
on 10/25/11 7:09 pm - VA
I buy everything from Vitalady. You can chose the samples you want from her website.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/25/11 11:02 am - Sedona, AZ
I ordered a lot of variety packets of the Synthrax Nectars to try them before deciding and so far I like the Fuzzy Navel the best. They are more refreshing to me as they dont taste like protein powder.

They were a nice change from the Champion powders I got pre-op that I lost my taste for after surgery. I ordered several big tubs of them to get the free shipping as I heard they were the best tasting by someone. They don't taste bad now but I just lost the taste for the dairy shakes I was ingesting often pre-op.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh