Very Loose Stools after DS What now diapers?

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/11 11:03 pm
 This is what she said on another thread about her surgeon this time around.
 On October 23, 2011 at 7:09 AM Pacific Time, jlweb55 wrote:You are looking great. I just had my DS surgery 10/17/2011 with  Dr Ponce De Leon and Dr Almanza, Both worked on me On did the stomach and Dr Ponce did the switch. This is my 4th weight loss surgery and I can not believe how easy it was this time. I had it done in the eve of the 17th and came home  on the 20th and worked in the home office { I am a realtor in Houston,Tx} most of the day on friday. I even drove and showed a property friday afternoon. Alieve is all I have needed. Not much pain at all. The only thing was the first night home was very loose stools all night , but nothing since. I hope anyone sitting on the fence thinking about having it , don't wait any longer. My only regret is I waited till almost 59 to do it. My diabetes is almost normal and I have not taken any meds since the day after surgery. Good Luck to all and if you would like to ask me any questions about My Doctors, email me at  [email protected] Thanks Jiudy
elixir
on 10/26/11 10:05 am - MI
Wow. I'm pretty sure Aleve is an NSAID. I wasn't cleared for NSAIDs until 6 weeks out. Very hard on the healing stomach lining.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

MsBatt
on 10/26/11 10:56 am
Aleve is naproxen, very definitely an NSAID. That said---I was sent home after my DS with Bextra for pain, which is also an NSAID, but is considered a Cox-II inhibitor. (Most NSAIDs are Cox-I inhibitors.) I have severe arthritis, and the Bextra did NOTHING for it, so my surgeon okayed me to take one Aleve per day instead. After the first month, then I was cleared to take Aleve 'as needed'.
Twi light
on 1/25/12 1:29 pm - NY
On October 26, 2011 at 6:03 AM Pacific Time, eloisie wrote:
 This is what she said on another thread about her surgeon this time around.
 On October 23, 2011 at 7:09 AM Pacific Time, jlweb55 wrote:You are looking great. I just had my DS surgery 10/17/2011 with  Dr Ponce De Leon and Dr Almanza, Both worked on me On did the stomach and Dr Ponce did the switch. This is my 4th weight loss surgery and I can not believe how easy it was this time. I had it done in the eve of the 17th and came home  on the 20th and worked in the home office { I am a realtor in Houston,Tx} most of the day on friday. I even drove and showed a property friday afternoon. Alieve is all I have needed. Not much pain at all. The only thing was the first night home was very loose stools all night , but nothing since. I hope anyone sitting on the fence thinking about having it , don't wait any longer. My only regret is I waited till almost 59 to do it. My diabetes is almost normal and I have not taken any meds since the day after surgery. Good Luck to all and if you would like to ask me any questions about My Doctors, email me at  [email protected] Thanks Jiudy
 I call complete BS on this being a recovery from a true DS.
I am 27, DS was my 5th surgery overall, my 2nd abdominal surgery. 
She is 59.  I dont care how well you heal unless you an athelete of 40 years and are 59 years old undergoing surgery no way is a 27 year old going to have a harder recovery.  And my recovery was not even difficult- but i took my OPIATES for atleast a week post op and i stayed home and in bed most of the time.

The malabsorbtion and lack of ability to eat and the usual inability to get in 64fl oz of water makes the DS recovery really tiring and draining. 

and DRIVE?  on day 4? 

when my DH drove me home from manhattan sitting in his car was NOT COMFORTABLE AT ALL, i couldnt imagine safely driving myself anywhere on day 4.

this whole thing sounds crazy to me.

scubadiva
on 10/27/11 4:14 am
If you are in Houston we have a monthly support group.  You are welcome to join us!!!  PM me for details if you are interested.  As far as a probiotic that might help you... you could try this one.  It constipates me greatly. 

http://www.vsl3.com/order.asp

We DSers in Houston use certain docs that are more familiar with the DS than others.   Come to a support group and get filled in.