4 Months Post-Op (w/pics)

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 12:38 am
On October 23, 2011 at 7:09 AM Pacific Time, jlweb55 wrote:
You are looking great. I just had my DS surgery 10/17/2011 with  Dr Ponce De Leon and Dr Almanza, Both worked on me On did the stomach and Dr Ponce did the switch. This is my 4th weight loss surgery and I can not believe how easy it was this time. I had it done in the eve of the 17th and came home  on the 20th and worked in the home office { I am a realtor in Houston,Tx} most of the day on friday. I even drove and showed a property friday afternoon. Alieve is all I have needed. Not much pain at all. The only thing was the first night home was very loose stools all night , but nothing since. I hope anyone sitting on the fence thinking about having it , don't wait any longer. My only regret is I waited till almost 59 to do it. My diabetes is almost normal and I have not taken any meds since the day after surgery. Good Luck to all and if you would like to ask me any questions about My Doctors, email me at  [email protected] Thanks Jiudy
I am glad that you are doing well. 

Neither of the surgeons you mention are on the list of vetted DS surgeons and people would be warned against using them.

I also want to add that if either of your surgeons were on the ball you would not be allowed to have Aleve this soon after surgery.

Your results are not typical, do you have your operative report? Are you sure you have the DS? How long is your common channel? Your alimentary limb?  These are things you should know.

Do you work for either doctor?

Michele
jlweb55
on 10/25/11 10:31 am
No they may not be on the vetted DS list. I do not have insurance and had to do the best I could to save my life. I chose the two best surgeons I could find im mexico and I think I did have a great surgery. I have my exrays of the surgery. But you are right I need to know the length of the alimentary limb and the common channel. I will call tomorrow and try to get that info. I have had 4 total wls now and this was the easiest as far as pain goes that I have ever had. I just wish I could get a grip on the diarreha that I am haveing . I know is is common but I am almost homebound and I am a realtor. Its only been a week and hopefully if will get better over time. If  anywone has any ideas please let me know . thanks [email protected]  And no I do not work for either doctor.
jlweb55
on 10/25/11 10:39 am
No I do not work for either doctor, I do know people that do work for doctors there and I did use there advise on chosing the Doctors I chose. They have also used these docs for their surgery. And were very happy as well. As I said before this was the easiest surgery I have ever had. Very little pain. It looks bad but it does not hurt. Now if I can get the loose stools cleared up I will be a happy camper Thanks Judy
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 8:09 am
Congratulations Judy!
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 12:35 am
You look great!!!
(deactivated member)
Thank you :D
Jody W.
on 10/23/11 6:27 am - Windsor, CT
WOW!!! that is awesome!!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

(deactivated member)
Thanks Jody
Frankie
on 10/23/11 6:33 am - NY
Congrats you look great!  Continue to work that DS!

Frankie

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 8:10 am
Thank you! I will work it Frankie (: