***Saturday Bites, Vites & Exercites***

MajorMom
on 10/22/11 8:33 am - VA
How's your Saturday going? I got to sleep in until almost 5AM this morning.

Hi guys,

BITES: (DS Maintenance Mode)
B - 2 protein coffees (60g)
S - Fage yogurt w/blueberries and protein coffee (30g)
S - deli flat toast w/cream cheese
S - 2 or 3 deviled eggs
L - chicken strips and protein shake (30g)
S - pumpkin latte
S - gluten free pumpkin bar
D - beefy veggie soup
S -

VITES:
morning batch: done
calcium batches: done
omega 3-6-9: done
iron: done
evening batch: starting

EXERCITES:
laundry and cleaned bathrooms...tried to be careful with the back

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 10/22/11 9:20 am - OKC, OK
Hi Gina and everyone,
Gina, how did you fix your latte and what did you do to your back?
As expected, my back was bad this morning, could hardly move for awhile, after my decking scrubbing yesterday. Better now.

B: bacon (10), double protein shake (46)
S: deviled egg (7)
L: egg salad (14), CS fudge bar (2), almonds(6)
S: double protein shake (46)
D: cheeseburger on WW thin bun (?14), homemade cranberry sauce
S: plan decaf protein shake

Vites all done. Fluids more than enough.
Exercites: dance tonight.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

MajorMom
on 10/22/11 9:44 am - VA
I found a recipe for Starbucks copycat pumpkin latte. 3 Tbsp canned pumpkin, cup of 1/2 & 1/2, vanilla syrup (agave nectar) + tsp SF vanilla syrup, pumpkin pie spice--stirred over medium heat and stirred often. 3 oz of hot espresso coffee.

My back was a mess when I was on active duty. Had back surgery at Walter Reed in 2004. Still pretty weak but much better now that the weight is off. I hope yours will be fine after resting some today.

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

teachmid
on 10/22/11 9:46 am - OKC, OK
Thanks.

I'll try the latte. Yum.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/11 11:02 am
I've had a rough day today. Maybe the flu?  I tried to eat some of the foods people on here have said under their 'BITES' and all I did today was throwing up.  I can't eat anything that is high in fat or I throw it up whole and undigested, always have.  I tried eating bacon---not fun.  I tried eating eggs plain and they came up too.  I am very allergic to them though but usually I can eat them.  And so I drank 4 shakes of Protowhey and 2 gel packs of protein. That should be a total of 122 g of protein?

My ankles are still swollen a little but not as bad as they were a few days ago. 
Dizziness prevails, drinking lots of water as always (starting into my 9th bottle now). 
I walked a lot this evening downtown with my kids, beautiful day, even though my tummy is achey.  The zithromax could be making me throw up too. It's so weird to throw up and not care anymore.  I'm so used to it.

VITES:

300mg iron/ 2000mg Vit C (on empty stomach)
1 Vita-min
1Vitamin E, 100K Vit D, 50K Vit A
1200mg Calc Citrate & 500mg mag Cit (3 times different times of the day)

MajorMom
on 10/22/11 7:37 pm - VA
Oh man! I hate that you're having so much trouble.  Sounds like you did the best you could. Keep doing the protein shakes and see if things calm down. Feel better. :(

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

sherryatlarge
on 10/22/11 11:05 am - TX
Hi y'all,

I'll try the latte too.  Was that vanilla protein?  I've found if I mix in my protein when coffee is too hot that it will clot up.  What's your experience?

BITES:
B - Protein coffee w/cream (30g)
S - 1 oz of cheddar cheese, 5 saltines (7g)
L - Cup of chili w/sour cream
S - Orange Nectar mix with Chrystal Lite (30g)
D - 3 oz deli beef (21g), 1 slice Swiss cheese (7g), slice of bread (13Carbs) and 3 gherkin dill pickles
S - Fage yogurt (20g Found the 2% at Target :) , w/1 tbls. SF cherry pie filling and 8 animal crackers

VITES:  All done

EXERCITES: 
10 min. on recumbent bike.  My first time.  Wanted to quit at 8 min., but promised myself to to ten min. for a week the move up to 15 and so on and so forth. 

Water:  64 oz.

I feel like I'm in a dream.        
MajorMom
on 10/22/11 7:46 pm - VA
Yep, you have to make a cool slurry with protein powder and 1/2 & 1/2, water, Lactaid milk or soy milk (your choice) first. Then, pour the hot coffee over top of the slurry. I use about 4-6 oz of 1/2 & 1/2 at this point. When I was early out, I used Lactaid milk or water and no coffee. I could have been using decaf but my taste buds weren't on board with coffee until I was about 6 months post-op...and I just didn't know about protein coffee then. I was using Champion cocomochaccino or Nectar cappuccino and heating it for about 20 seconds in the microwave until I got it about the right temp. Yeah, I cooked a few and had to throw out the clumpy ones... lol 

So, try it with decaf and IDS MultiPro protein powder with Lactaid milk and see how you like it. You can also brew chai tea from tea bags and use it instead of decafe coffee.

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

sherryatlarge
on 10/23/11 2:16 am - TX
Thank you MMom,

Why didn't I think of that. (duh)  And I like the sound of using chia tea too.

I am loving these BITE, VITES & EXERCITES and all the helpful info. you have been sharing with me.

Sherry
  I feel like I'm in a dream.        
Renfairewench
on 10/22/11 11:05 am
I have done some emotional eating today. What I want to do today is just eat myself out of house and home, but I'm resisting. 

B & L = 5 egg omlet with cheese, onions, sausage, english muffin
Late late lunch = chicken breast floured and fried in olive oil and butter, 4 slices of bacon, mayo and swiss cheese
S - package of pumpkin flax seed granola
D - (will eat around 9:30 tonight) Steak, caramalized onions, smashed buttered potatoes, butternut squash roasted with cinnamon and vanilla sugar

throughout the day.... about 2 handfuls of MIlk duds, a handful of choc. chips, lots of coffee with half and half, 4 or 5 sugar cookies,  2 cups of whole milk.

Morning vites done
calcium = not done
b-12 injection - done
iron = done

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"