6 years out and stopping in to say Hello

Janet P.
on 10/22/11 9:48 pm
Rose - A couple of things in your posts jump out at me. First, I would find another hematologist. Don't ask them -- tell them you need to start infusions. Obviously you have some malabsorption issues so oral iron will probably do nothing for you. Also, I'm not a doctor (nor do I play one on TV) but I don't think Infusions and blood type have anything to do with each other. You're not looking for a transfusion but an infusion.

Exactly how much calcium are you taking? Devrom will do nothing for gas/pain. It is strictly an internal deoderant to help with the smell. Do you take a probiotic? How's your carb intake? I also follow Vitalady's regime but certain things I take alot more of because some my numbers are too low (D & calcium are two in particular). I also tweak them as needed -- for example my K was a little low the last round of labs so I've upped the amount and will reevaluate next time (due for new labs in November).

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 7:42 am
I am so glad, I started the antibiotics and now I am feeling MUCH better. That's the only thing I have added to what I was doing currently. 

Vitamins I take: 

300mg Tender Iron and 2000mg Vitamin C on empty stomach 1st thing in the AM around 6am

1 Vita-min Multi -all around 10am
1 zinc gluconate 50mg Chelated
1 Potassium Citrate
2 Vitamin D 100K
2 Vitamin A 50K
2 B12 10000mg hydroxocobalamin

at nooni****ake 1000mg Calcium Citrate and 1 magnesium citrate

around 3pm
1 Vita-min Multi -all around 10am
1 zinc gluconate 50mg Chelated
1 Potassium Citrate 
1 Vitamin D 50K
1 Vitamin A 25K
2 B12 10000mg hydroxocobalamin

and then at night I take  1000mg Calcium Citrate and 1 magnesium citrate

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 7:44 am
I'm not tanning, I don't take any probiotics don't even know what that is, and I listed what I take above.  I also drink Protowhey protein mixed into plain coffee or water all day long and I sip water.  In terms of carbs I am eating almost none and my sugar is always around 80.