Just curious

snshine62
on 10/20/11 2:54 am
How many of you take a probiotic? Do they help? And isn't it found in greek yogurt?
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 3:02 am
I take them and they do help immensely with smell and gas.  When you first start taking them, you need to build up, like take one every other day for a week or so, then take them every day.  At first, things may seem a little worse but as they level out the bacteria in your gut, things get much better.

I would still eat the greek yogurt, it is a dairy-based probiotic, if I am not mistaken.  There are 2 types of probiotics, soil-based and dairy-based and you can benefit from both.

HTH,
Michele
Kirsten A.
on 10/20/11 3:30 am - Cushing, WI
I take daily and they do help immensely with smell and gas.  Its very true the first two 2 weeks was a little uncomfortable but well worth it now for me!
Kirsten

Nicolle
on 10/20/11 3:51 am
I do not take a probiotic, nor do I eat a lot of yogurt and I do not have poop or gas issues. My surgeon does recommend Primal Defense Ultra to his patients and many of them love it.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Yehuda G.
on 10/20/11 4:01 am
If I don't take my probiotics, I get horrible gas and bloating. There are a lot of good products out there. I like digestive advantage: gas defense and digestive advantage: intensive bowel support. I take both twice a day.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/20/11 7:05 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yogurt doesn't have enough good guys in it for my gut. I go on and off probiotic therapy, kind of by "feel" about what I think my gizzards need.

gak
on 10/20/11 12:51 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I take one Culturelle daily, it works for me and needs no refridgeration, so I can  put in my pill bag that I sort ahead of time. I need simple plans due to my schedule.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Janet P.
on 10/20/11 8:38 pm
I take 2 primal defense ultra every morning. Wouldn't start my day without it and can't imagine how I would feel if I didn't take it.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

snshine62
on 10/21/11 7:57 am
Do you order it off line or can you buy it from a vitamin store, drug store or Walmart?