10 year anniversary passed me by

Amanda-DS
on 10/20/11 4:11 am
It actually passed me by without me even realizing it. Thank goodness the website sent a reminder.I still am loving my surgery. I am the same size since year 4. It still blows my mind to get out clothes for a new season and they still fit. That I can buy something on super sale like a sweater in Spring and the next fall it is still going to fit.I am blessed each day with better health.I am lucky enough that my primary job is a pool supervisor at the YWCA so I can exercise 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day and get paid for it.Still come here to the message board for accountability and to play it forward.
My attitude is still grattitude!
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

Yehuda G.
on 10/20/11 4:13 am
Happy ten year surgiversary. Congrats on your long term success.

Yehuda
mel1964
on 10/20/11 4:23 am
happy anniversary!!!!!!  i was shocked myself, i bought some things last year and they are a little roomy or just dont fit (because they are too big!) i also went down a whole shoe size. heres to enjoying the next 10 years!

Diane Davis
on 10/20/11 4:43 am
Happy Surgiversary Amanda!

You've been a wonderful mentor to the rest of us, thank you so much!  We are blessed to have you as a veteran who still comes to this forum and pay it forward.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
determineddanni
on 10/20/11 5:29 am
I love to see the vet DS'ers post their updates! Thank you for paying it forward.
kirmy
on 10/20/11 7:22 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Well there you are my sister from another mother. You are proof that ten years out we can all be fantastic and faaabulous and not smell like arse. He he.....you rock!

Happy anniversary. xx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/20/11 7:37 am
Ten years of awesomeness!!!!! You will be my new role model!
MajorMom
on 10/20/11 8:04 am - VA
Happy surgiversary, Amanda. Thank you so much for sticking around. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

larra
on 10/20/11 9:45 am - bay area, CA
Mazel tov!
      You are a wonderful example of the longterm success and good health the DS can bring. Wishing you many more years of health and happiness.

Larra
Julie R.
on 10/20/11 10:08 am - Ludington, MI
 My DS mentor - happy surgiversary!     I'm so glad you stopped by to let us celebrate with you.    To me, having my clothes fit from year to year is one of the most delightful reminders of my DS success.     Can't wait to read your 20 year post, LOL!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125