Does to much protein early out cause diarrhea?

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 12:09 am
I don't know, I was getting in 100gms of protein at about 3 weeks out with no bowel problems.

I do, however, to this day, have problems with a lot of protein powders.  The only one that causes me zero problems is NOW unflavored whey protein isolate.  All the crap they put in to make the flavored protein mixes give me trouble.

Everyone is different so YMMV.

Good luck,
Michele
pktwatch
on 10/20/11 12:17 am
Thanks for the advice everyone. I switched to soy milk and water in my protein drinks yesterday. I mix in enough water to stir and then add a ice cube and the soy milk to top it off. I am using less than half soy milk per protein drink. This morning was much better, I will see how it goes with this formula.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/20/11 1:38 am - Tuvalu

And consider egg white protein...but NOT the Jay Robb egg White Protein because it has sugar alcohols...which reminds me...what are your current shakes sweetend with?  If it's anything that ends in ~itol, that might be the cause of your troubles.
pktwatch
on 10/20/11 8:02 am, edited 10/20/11 8:02 am
Here is a list of the ingredients:

Proprietary Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides) Coco, Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Cellulcse Gum, Xathan Gum.

It tastes better than it sounds!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/11 6:44 am
  All the 'Mystery' ingredients and artificial things would give me trouble.
J G.
on 10/20/11 3:19 am
Michelle, what brand of unflavored whey protein isolate do you use.  I'm debating whether to give it another try....somehow I don't have high hopes....
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 4:02 am
NOW brand. 

It isn't perfect but gives me a lot less problems than the others. I order it online but if you live in a populated area you should be able to find it in a brick and mortar store.  Maybe NOW offers samples, I am not sure.  I have tried numerous other brands and end up with a LOT of gas. I also continue to take the Digestive Advantage Lactose Defense formula every morning which helps with any lactose intolerance I have.

HTH,
Michele
Elizabeth N.
on 10/21/11 2:22 am - Burlington County, NJ
Does the NOW protein stir into stuff? Or shake at least? I refuse to use a powder that requires more than a basic shaking in a lidded container, and would prefer an unflavored one I can just stir into stuff.

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/11 6:46 am
I don't know the answer but I will conduct a few tests and let you know! I add stuff and use a stick blender so I have never tried just to shake it but I will.

This brand has the least artificial anything and really doesn't have a "proteiny" taste.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/21/11 7:46 am - Burlington County, NJ
OOOOO This sounds promising! Please oh please tell me you can stir it into your yogurt and stuff without clumps.....