Questioning: A good way to drive yourself bonkers!

Imissthe80s
on 10/20/11 1:09 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Yes, this makes total sense.  I have been thinking that too: that our bodies sorta want to hang out on Fat Avenue once they get there, and it's hard to bring them back to Normal Place.  You're right, it's not like cuttng back to drop a few pounds as a normal weight person might do.  Argh! Decisions. Decisions.  I have to breathe, hold steady and keep progressing forward and I'll know what to do in time.

honeybadger 11
on 10/19/11 8:53 am - FL
I will echo what everyone else has said and say, do everything you can before you decide on surgery.

For me, I feel the DS is the only option for me but even with feeling that way when i was given my surgery date last week i freaked out! Im youngish with no co morbidity issues (YET.) so i starting think like you are, what if i REALLY diet and exercise but when i really think about it though, ive done it ALL before and if ive had success if was only briefly because as soon as i deviated from my diet plan it ALL came back and then some (just like the rest of us:) i came around fairly quickly after walking around in my fat cage for a few days but if i hadnt decide 100% prior to this i think i might have cancelled. 

Yes, the odd are against you if you use diet and exercise alone but the DS is a HUGE step and you have to be completely confidant with it because there is no going back!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

PlumFaerie
on 10/19/11 10:41 am
i totally agree, spot on E and Joanne. i'd also like to add this phrase - the surgery is always there, it can wait for you' mine was originally august 15th, then i got a call from the pre cert lady that there was a cancel and i could go in the 4th instead, i had a negative vibe immediately but said yes anyway (always trust your instincts lol) i wasn't metnally prepared completely, i wasn't ready to smoking and then my grandma died so i had to be with my family up until a few days before surg. so i called and rescheduled, had no prob stopping smoking, properly did my liq diet and felt all around better preapred mentally and physically for sept 19th. don't feel like you are being forced.
Imissthe80s
on 10/20/11 1:11 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
As corny as it sounds, I totally believe in "vibes" and that everything shakes out as it should, when it should.

PlumFaerie
on 10/20/11 1:47 am
On October 20, 2011 at 8:11 AM Pacific Time, Imissthe80s wrote:
As corny as it sounds, I totally believe in "vibes" and that everything shakes out as it should, when it should.
not crny at all:) i'm a sssilly spiritual person:)

Start Weight: 320
Current Weight: 160
Goal Weight: 165
Height: 5'10

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/19/11 11:15 am - Sedona, AZ
I decided to wait a year and really think it thru and read the forum more  and try again on my own but I did end up having the surgery. . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Imissthe80s
on 10/20/11 1:14 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Luckily, you didn't wait too long, a year goes by in a blink.  I have a suspicion that even with trying once more that I'll understand exactly why the DS may be the perfect thing for me, it's more about getting completely sold on the idea of surgery.