I got my surgery date!!!!!

scoob
on 10/18/11 11:52 pm - Somerset, KY
Oh Congrats!!!!

When I got my date I cried like a baby. It was the best cry! You're gonna do great and it will be here before you know!! YAY

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

twodelight
on 10/19/11 1:54 am - Atlanta, GA
At least you get to have a nice worry free Thanksgiving and not have to be bothered about food. Congrats on your date.

You will be fine.
Sher Bear Mama
on 10/19/11 3:54 am
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I'm so excited I could scream!!! And yes, it's probably better that I get to have one last Thanksgiving without worrying too much about what will or will not upset my new stomch and intestines.  Still losing weight though as the date comes up. 25 pounds down and counting--maybe I'll do a totaly of 30 presurgery--then I"ll only have to lose 60 or 70 post surgery. I'm subsiding on vitamins, protein bars and shakes, and lots of protein filled meals.  Not exciting but definitely working for me.

Happy day,

Sher-
Sher--the bear mama

danas
on 10/19/11 5:53 am - CA
Congrats!! You're gonna make an awesome DS'er!! I still can't believe they made you do Options, but that seemed to go by pretty quickly.
Won against big bad (SoCal) Kaiser for a Duodenal Switch  Haven't heard of DS? Kaiser wants it that way. Come on over & read the truth
Hit goal (Normal BMI) on 2-10-11!    I LOVE my DS!!
My approval process timeline:
02/12/09 - Dr. refused to refer me for WLS
03/03/09 - Vented/whined about it on another board, planned to just wait until next year & switch plans
Let's see what happens!  **updates in blog**
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/11 7:02 am
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!! You are going to rock that DS!!! OMG I'm tearing up, I'm so happy for you!!!
Sher Bear Mama
on 10/20/11 8:14 am
Hey C!!!!
Thanks for the happyness for me! I'm really excited too. I'm nervous but I'm excited. I can't believe I've already lost so much weight before the surgery but it was purly by shakes and protein bars--otherwise, the weight wouldn't have come off. BUT, I seem to be losing my hair, so I'm not sure if it's the PCOS or the poor diet or quick weight loss.  I'm eating a bit more than I was in Options so maybe it'll get better soon.     And certainly, the PCOS may disappear sometime after surgery (and by that time I'll be totally bald, but at least I'll be healthy!).

What's going on with you???

Sher-
Sher--the bear mama