Make room for me....

orangecrushed
on 10/18/11 9:06 pm - Triad, NC
Well, you'll probably see people talking about a binder on here, which is something that kind of helps keep your torso snug and helps speed up healing.  But, I was talking about a notebook (3-ring jobber) with instructions, things that my family should be expecting, phone numbers, etc etc. Just a few quick reference items, in case I can't get to the internet.

You should qualify, so keep trying!  There are 2 DS surgeons in TX.  Please check out this link for their names and contact info.  A lot of people here use Dr. Stewart.  He seems to be rather popular.  I'm not sure how close to him you are, but be sure you've chosen a vetted DS surgeon.  Perhaps your profile lists your previous RNY surgeon.  http://www.dsfacts.com/duodenal-switch-surgeons.html

Best of luck with everything!  Just give your insurance company a call and find out if these two doctors are In Network.  Fingers crossed for ya!

lwoznick
on 10/18/11 5:07 pm - Green Bay, WI
Congratulations! That's great news for you! Don't forget to buy some foam ear plugs to bring to the hospital if you want to shut out the noise to get some sleep. See you soon on the Dark Side!

Lisa

HW 293, SW 282, LW (Post RNY) 202, SW Pre-DS 242, CW 219 GW 140
Julie from Ludington, MI is my Angel!

orangecrushed
on 10/18/11 9:07 pm - Triad, NC
Ah, ear plugs are a great idea!  I'm adding those to the list.  Thanks so much Lisa!