I'm not sure where I fit in anymore

Renfairewench
on 10/18/11 2:37 am
Thank you everyone. I'm pulling myself out of the slump today. Maybe some sun will help lift my grey woe is me mood.

You all rock!

Thanks again.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/11 2:40 am
Maddie,

You fit in right here! 

Your experience and your information is invaluable, especially to potential revision patients and even new WLS patients thinking about having an RNY.

You are not a BPD, you are a DSer that lost their stomach through no fault of your own.

You are one of us and I will stand behind that 100% if anyone wants to argue about that.

Hugs,
Michele
Larissa P.
on 10/18/11 3:06 am - Denton, TX
I'm a DSer, and anyone else who want to maginalize us "hybrids" can go stick their DS bacon up their DS anuses.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Renfairewench
on 10/18/11 7:44 am
You had me at "Bacon".

GW 150

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/18/11 4:56 am
Meh - there are many "hybrids" here, as well as just other surgery types that post here too, and some are considered honorary, lol. 

Your complications have been terrible, but we all learned along with you as you shared, and I know it has helped many. I often just lurk, and feel like I'm taking much more than I'm giving here, And then I come back, because I know I'm generally among friends here. 
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/18/11 5:39 am - Tuvalu

Here's what I think you should do...get yourself a box of Krispy Kremes and go for the experiment...start eating:

•If, after a donut or two, you start to feel plugged up and it all comes back up, you might belong on the band or sleeve boards.

•If, after a couple of donuts and a few minutes, you find yourself on the floor with heart palpatations and you're sure you're going to die right after you finish barfing, move over to the RnY board.

•If, after a few hours, you manufacture **** that could clear out a HS boy's locker room, you probably have the DS.

If none of the above, you will have to move to a Weigh****chers Board.

You're Welcome.

Imissthe80s
on 10/18/11 6:18 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Sue, I adore every ounce of your witty, curmudgeonly carcass!

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/18/11 12:00 pm - Tuvalu

I'm delighted to be a bad influence on subsequent generations.

no_more_rolls
on 10/18/11 12:25 pm - Jackson, MI
 LIKE!!! 
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Renfairewench
on 10/18/11 7:42 am
  ROFLMAO...

Ok, IF I ate Krispy Kremes (which I don't because I don't like them at all) what would happen is #3, along with gas, pain and paint peeling flatulence that would cause my husband to cover his face and scream OMG...WTF CRAWLED UP YOUR ASS AND DIED remarks. So I guess that means I have a DS. I belong.  I'm a DSer for sure..... lol. Funny though how we have defined a DS as **** that would clear out a boy's locker room.

GW 150