OT: Update on baby Kaylee

scoob
on 10/17/11 9:33 am - Somerset, KY
I'm sorry I didn't want to start a new thread but I just didn't have the heart to respond to each one individually.

Baby Kaylee's sugar dropped from the 400's to 19. The doctor says this is part of the "process". Her parents say she's their little fighter and they're not going to take away all chances she has to survive. So they have opted NOT to hold her in their arms and let her go piecefully.

My heart is breaking for this sweet baby. I would want to hold my baby, to let her know I'm there. What the hell are they gonna do in a few days, weeks, hours even maybe minutes when she's gone? Then the regret will set in and they'll have no one to blame but themselves. I know it's a hard decision but that child needs her mother and fater to hold her close.

It has been a really long night.

I feel like I should tell you guys that my 10y/o was my step daughter. She was 5 when I moved in with her dad. She was my baby. I know some may roll their eyes but I have always said, if it would hurt anymore to lose my bio child then shoot me now. My life will never be the same. I use to tell her, you were my daughter the moment we met.

It doesn't help that they were sending me pics of baby Kaylee. I ask them to stop. May seem cold of me but at this point I really don't give a **** I want a pic of her in her mommy's arms not with tubes going everywhere!

Thanks everyone for listening! Love you all!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

honeybadger 11
on 10/17/11 10:47 am - FL
Scoob, im so sorry for you and your family. Hopefully she will go peacefulyl soon. In most cir****tances is hard to change someones mind once they have set it. You have said your piece and they decided not to hold her. Unfortuantely, you will probably have to be one of the people to comfort them when they realize you were right.

Just being there for them is all you can do. God Bless Kaylee. xx

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

scoob
on 10/17/11 9:14 pm - Somerset, KY
And I will comfort them. My heart was hurting last night.I so want this baby to pull through. I just want her to either get better or pass. It's been so rough on her. It's in God's hands now.

Ruby

DianaRR
on 10/17/11 11:22 am - CA
I am still praying. I hope you can come to peace with their decision. For them, they feel it is the right thing to do.

scoob
on 10/17/11 9:15 pm - Somerset, KY
I was very upset last night. It is their decision to make. I just hurt for Kaylee and them..

Ruby

clpeltz
on 10/17/11 11:43 am
I can understand your feelings of frustration.  On the side of the parents though, the decision process can be much harder than you may think.  It is easy to say such things (no offense intended, please) when you are outside the intimate circle.  Having a micropreemie in the NICU is a very individual situation.  I had 5 of them, at the same time.  It is kind of like the people that would tell a mother of quintuplets that she should have reduced (had an abortion) to increase the chances for the remaining babies.  It is easy to say that when you are not in the situation.  I could not.  I put it in Gods hands and let him decide if I was going to deliver 5 babies or not.  I was blessed to be able to deliver all five of them at 28 weeks.  It was not an easy road and it was a very bumpy ride in the NICU.  It is a world in and of itself.  I feel for these parents.  They want to give their daughter every chance and don't want to face the very real reality that their daughter may not come home with them.  Very possibly, they are not able to hold their daughter because it stresses her out too much and causes her to have trouble breathing.  It is very important for very early preemies to be left alone so they can grow.  It is one of the hardest things about having a micropreemie.....having to wait weeks, maybe even months to hold your baby.  No one goes into a pregnancy expecting such a sad outcome.  I did not go into pregnancy expecting 5....your friend did not go into pregnancy expecting to deliver at 26 weeks.  Please be supportive of the decisions that they make.  They are facing enough guilt and stress as it is.  They need to be surrounded by love.  I know you are frustrated, but they need understanding.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

scoob
on 10/17/11 9:19 pm - Somerset, KY
Sweetie, no offense taken! I totally see both sides of it. I completely understand they want to give her every chance possible. I also understand why they can't hold her. I just hope that if she is going to go they take some kind of chance to let her hear her mother's heart beat.

This is their decision. I just hope it's the right one. My heart is aching and I had to telll someone how I felt and I CAN NOT tell anyone IRL this or I would be shunned. But I want with everything in my for this baby to survive and live a long happy life. But I don't want her to suffer!

Ruby

Toy T.
on 10/17/11 12:06 pm
DS on 02/22/12
 Ruby,

I am sorry your family is going through this but I have hope and believe God is the one who will make the final and right decision. My Bff was pregnant last year and went into labor at 23 weeks and they tried to stop the labor but the little guy just wasn't having it and she gave birth and he was less than 2 lbs when he was born. The nurse actually told her I think it would be best if you don't even try and just let him go and my friend turned around and told her Listen he worked his behind off to save my life and I will do whatever it takes to save his. (My friend had a miscarriage earlier that year and when they did the D&C they left one of the surgical instruments in her causing an infection and the baby broke the water. When he was delivered the doctor said he had never seen a placenta that color before and probably in a few more weeks not only would the baby have died, she would have died as well). The baby stayed in the hospital for almost 5 months and walking into that NICU was one of the hardest things I have ever done and it hurt bc I just had an IUI and was waiting to see if it had took so I was scared as well. The doctors told my friend that the baby would never be normal and he would need constant around the clock care and whatnot. My bff was strong even though she felt like breaking down because she had to be strong not only for herself but the baby, her 2 kids, the dad, and the rest of the family. When he was released they told her he would probably develop CP or be MR. Sorry to go on but let me summarize it by saying my God son just celebrated his one year old birthday last month and to look at him you would never know he had so much trouble when he came in the world. They stopped birth-3 services bc they couldn't believe how advanced he was. He is still somewhat slow in his fine motor skills but boy if he doesn't excel in everything else. What I am saying in essence is yes the doctors are there and yes they have guesses or base everything on their medical background but many times it is in God's Hands. I don't know much about premature babies and their sugars and what it means but sometimes you have to let go and let God and I believe that would apply for this sweet baby. 

I wish the parents and the rest of the family the best and will be thinking about them but for her to survive is not impossible. 
scoob
on 10/17/11 9:22 pm - Somerset, KY
I so hope this happens for Kaylee. The doctors say with the extreme bleeding in the brain, the infection in her body, she has/had a blood clot. her sugar, almost constant seizures, her sugar being above 400 then dropping to 19, blood coming from her mouth and nose, it doesn't look good. I just don't like seeing her suffer. I do love her and her parents and respect their decision. I just needed somewhere to vent my feelings.

Ruby

Jennifer D.
on 10/17/11 12:19 pm
Hi Ruby, I will pray for peace no matter what form it comes in. I have to say I am hoping for a miracle!!
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150