Finished my Kaiser program and ready for surgery!

Sher Bear Mama
on 10/16/11 9:44 am

Friday was the last day of the Kaiser weight loss program I was forced to take for 12 weeks. I got out of the first 3 and started week 4.  In the 8 weeks I was there I lost 25 pounds by eating protein shakes and protein bars for most of my meals--real healthy, I know.  The surgeon cleared me for the DS 12 weeks ago so all that was holding me back were those classes.  The head nurse of the program agreed that I'd completed the program well and thoroughly and that she could process my referral to schedule surgery the day I completed the classes.  One hold up though--my psychiatrist who has agreed to give me clearance never processed the clearance in the computer system.  I asked for it to go through THREE WEEKS ago.  So, I'm pretty pissed at him.  But, with a little persistence, pestering, and patience (the 3 P's are what I'm great at!), I'm sure I'll get my date soon.  I spoke with the surgical nurse who said it should be no problem to get the date by late November or early December (which is when I need it to be so that my in-laws are in town to help care for my two kids). 

I'm so happy to be done with the classes and I'm so happy that surgery is just around the corner.  Thanks for all of the support everyone here has offered and I especially give thanks for my good friend and angel, Bookfaerie. She really helped me with the surgeon and with so much support these past few months.

Sher-

Sher--the bear mama

larra
on 10/16/11 9:54 am - bay area, CA
Great job, Sher! Let us know when you have a date.

Larra
Sher Bear Mama
on 10/17/11 3:39 am
Thanks Larra! I just got my psych clearance entered into the system so I'm hoping for a date sometime this week!

Yay!
Sher--the bear mama

Samaro ..
on 10/16/11 10:49 am
That's fantastic, Sherri.  Way to go!

Sher Bear Mama
on 10/17/11 3:40 am
Thanks so much!

Sher-
Sher--the bear mama

pktwatch
on 10/16/11 12:33 pm
Congrats, let us know how it goes.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Sher Bear Mama
on 10/17/11 3:41 am
Will do and thanks!
Sher--the bear mama

trxxyy
on 10/17/11 2:37 am - Orange County, CA
I hadn't seen on you on the board for awhile so I was hoping all was well with you.  Keep us posted on your surgery date.  Let me know if there is anyway I can help you or your family out during your surgery and healing time.  I know I am not very close to you but if I can provide a meal for your family or anything else that comes to mind just let me know.

-shelly
Sher Bear Mama
on 10/17/11 3:43 am
Thanks Shelly!  I haven't been on the board much because I wanted to focus on the Options classes--just get them over with and not feel distracted by my urgency to get the usrgery.  But they're finished now, I just got my psych clearance put into the system, and I'm ready to go!!!!

I'll keep you posted and I'll have to get your phone number in a private message so I can keep in touch with you around the time of my surgery. You're so sweet to offer to help out!

Sheri
Sher--the bear mama

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 12:30 pm
YAY!!! I haven't been on the boards lately and I wanted to check in to see how you were doing - I was so happy to see your post!!!!

GREAT news Girlie!!!!! Let me know when you're scheduled!