OT: My first post DS date...

beemerbeeper
on 10/14/11 11:13 am - AL
I broke up with Tom 20 months ago and haven't had a date in that whole time.  About 4 or 5 months ago I put up profiles on a couple of free dating sites and got a couple of responses and decided that it was way too much trouble and just let those guys go and stopped looking at the sites altogether.

Today, out of the blue, a guy messages me from seeing my profile.  He lives in the city near where I live (where I grew up and where my kids live), is a year YOUNGER than I am (Tom was 22 years older than me and I am really OVER the old guy thing), and is TALL.  I have NEVER dated a guy who is taller than I am.  EVER.  

So tomorrow we are meeting for lunch at my favorite Mexican place and I'm really excited.  I wish I had time to get a hair cut and find something new to wear and all that, but I'm just going to go and have a nice lunch and see if we connect.

I think we both are looking for the same thing right now.  Someone we like to do things with.  He talked about going places alone where he is the only single person there and I won't even do that.  It would be GREAT to have someone to go to movies, concerts, and stuff with.

Swing for me?  I would appreciate it.

And also, I am closing on my house next week.  I hope to move the last weekend in October.

~Becky

sassyjonz
on 10/14/11 11:27 am - Atlanta, GA
I'm very happy for you Becky,  Just go with it and enjoy it.  I wish for you that he is a great guy and you both connect and you'll have a great companion or whatever!  I didn't think I would ever get a date but I finally did meet a wonderful guy and we enjoy each other's company...so I am right there with you.

Good luck and have fun!

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

beemerbeeper
on 10/14/11 12:10 pm - AL
Well hey Lia,  good for you.  I'll let ya'll know how this date goes.

~Becky

teachmid
on 10/14/11 11:29 am - OKC, OK
Sounds like fun, Becky. Swinging my cats for a connection/fun date and smooth house closing.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

beemerbeeper
on 10/14/11 12:10 pm - AL
Thank you Gail.  You are always in my corner and I appreciate you so much.

~Becky

Carol P.
on 10/14/11 11:46 am
 Have a great time.  I hope things go well.
beemerbeeper
on 10/14/11 12:11 pm - AL
Thanks Carol!!

~Becky

duncans
on 10/14/11 12:05 pm
You are so cute in your photo and so charmingly energetic and enthusiastic in your support of DS'ers, how can anyone not find you appealing?

I hope that you have a great time!

Susan

beemerbeeper
on 10/14/11 12:12 pm - AL
Well Susan that is so nice of you to say.  Thank you!

~Becky

ModestoK
on 10/14/11 12:07 pm, edited 10/18/11 2:49 am
Lookie there! Beemer is a Cougar. Roar, Becky, roar!

(okay, not really, 1 year does not a Cougar make.)
Have a wonderful time. I'm wishing you the best of luck.
Kim
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi