JodiGirl

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/13/11 2:06 am - Tuvalu

In case you hadn't yet noticed, there is ONE...uno...один...ein...egy...viens...DS surgeon in the Bay Area.  One.

It is Rabkin.

If you want the DS, go to Rabkin.  If you want to spend a lot of time being talked out of the DS, see the others.

You will find LOTS of other names and LOTS of other surgeons who don't want to do the DS.  They will tell you that we are all dead.  And still getting IVs.  And have no teeth.

But the REAL issue is that the DS takes more intelligent follow-up on the part of the patient and more OR time on the part of the surgeon...for the same money.  Only someone who is REALLY convinced that it is the best approach would perform that surgery.  

In the Bay Area...Rabkin.  Downstate...Keshishian.   That's the whole story.

beemerbeeper
on 10/13/11 3:20 am - AL
Jodi,

She speaks the truth.  You are so lucky to live in California.  The two best of the best right there.

~Becky

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/13/11 6:57 am - Tuvalu

Yeah...thing is when you DO live in a MEGA state, your automatic assumption is something along the  lines of, "Surely to gawd, in this huge metropolitan area, there must be more than just ONE....in the whole big state there must be more than two or three."
beemerbeeper
on 10/13/11 7:06 am - AL
I know.  I thought the same thing.  You mean in the whole state of North Carolina there is only ONE (at the time Vollinger was it in NC)?  I couldn't believe it.  Now I live in a state where there are none.  People in Alabama think UAB is the mecca of health care.  They do not believe me when I tell them there is not a DS surgeon at UAB.

~Becky

Hey Jules
on 10/13/11 7:49 am
 But, it looks like you have no teeth. 

brokenwings.jpg image by heyjules77

5'8", 150cm C.C. - HW 289/SW 275/CW 150/GW 164      I  my DS!!!

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/13/11 8:15 am - Tuvalu
True...and you can't see the IV from there, I'll bet.
butercup
on 10/13/11 2:37 pm - Kennewick, WA
It's under the scarf.  You tricky tricky thing you!