What is up with the DS board?

Julie R.
on 10/13/11 3:37 am - Ludington, MI
I've been on these boards coming up on six years.  Trust me - it's not "changed" at all.   There is tremendous diversity of topics and posters.     Unfortunately, people have long memories.   When you show back up in a year or two, desperate to find out the answers as to why your bones are crumbling or you can't see a thing at night, people are going to be VERY unlikely to help you.    This isn't a rude comment.   It just is what it is.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Elizabeth N.
on 10/13/11 11:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
Very true.

MsBatt
on 10/14/11 2:07 am
I've been on here about EIGHT years, and I think it HAS changed---we're getting a LOT more newbies with a sense of entitlement, who want everything spoon-fed to them. There are a LOT more people who apparently haven't got sense enough to do any research for themselves, and who get really offended when vets suggest they should try it.

Really thinking we need that DS IQ test...
NoMore B.
on 10/14/11 2:50 am
 MsBatt
I've been here only a little over 2 years, but have often though this, too.
Julie R.
on 10/14/11 3:57 am - Ludington, MI
Oh, definitely, that I see.
I would not be where I was without the advice and assistance of others here, but I read, read, read, and READ some more.....to the point of obsession about my surgery.   I never expected anyone to hand me anything.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Imissthe80s
on 10/13/11 2:46 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
I'm kinda in love with the DS Board myself, it's a lot like life, you take the bad with the good or the baddies with the goodies, I prefer the baddies myself.  Team Baddies Rules!

LuckyLibrarian
on 10/13/11 4:59 am - Plumerville, AR
Like!

May I join your team? I make an excellent co-captain. Lol
Kristen
"Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation." - Walter Cronkite

Imissthe80s
on 10/13/11 5:44 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Yes! Because you are a Librarian you are granted the position with no background check or even an interview!

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/13/11 8:35 am - Sedona, AZ
I like that slogan about "take what you need and leave the rest." I believe that is an AA saying and I have been around many AA people in the last few years. There is so much denial in that disease that they seem to "call each other out on their ****" as they say it. I imagine it is sorta like that here sometimes.

Yes I have felt the hurt from meanies telling me I am too stupid to have the DS etc etc but I am still here and I am doing it - vites & all. I am being compliant and that does go against my grain sometimes! I am sometimes in a haze of meds and moods and poor sleep and beaten down ego at times. But I am not going away/ I need to keep learning and educating myself. I would have been in big trouble if not for this forum and having the vitamin requirements pounded into me.

Anyway stay here and learn and let the other stuff roll off your back. It's hard for me sometimes as I am a bit delicate emotionally and came from a family & work environment where courtesy and kindness and civilty were valued. But I did work with the public for 25 years so I have heard all types out there and the majority are pretty nice- just like here.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 12:14 pm - San Jose, CA
And the survey says:

Sanctimonious drop-in all-taking and no-giving Forum Nannies suck big green donkey dongs. And won't be missed a bit when they flounce outta here - again.

But thank you for playing!