Apparently I am stupid, and others know more than I do...

beth-28
on 10/12/11 11:42 am
Hubby and I were at a meeting tonight consisting of 6 other members of our group (I consider them good friends), and I told them that I would probably be unable to fill my duties for the next couple of months (depending on how I recover) and if someone wanted to temporarly take over my duties they could.

Well another member said that I should be fine after 2-3 weeks because she knows some people who have had "their complete stomach out and they were fine 3 weeks after their surgery". I asked her if she knew any DS'ers and she said no, but having your stomach out is worse than any WLS.

~sigh~

So, I guess I should have gone to her for information instead of people who have actually had the surgery, and gone through the recovery.

I'm so stupid!      I guess I'm just a .  
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

DianaRR
on 10/12/11 11:50 am - CA
Do you still consider that one a good friend?
I think she will be trouble if ever your wls is brought up in the conversation.

Elizabeth N.
on 10/12/11 11:53 am - Burlington County, NJ
Fuckwittery abounds.

Twyla S.
on 10/12/11 1:50 pm - Chattanooga, TN
 *snort*  fuckwittery!
pycca
on 10/12/11 11:58 pm - Haslet, TX
LOVE IT !!    "Fuckwittery" ...... 
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/12/11 11:59 am - Tuvalu

Did they euthanize the ones who took longer to keep their stats good?  In her world, everyone is the same?

beth-28
on 10/12/11 12:20 pm
I should not be surprised. She's older than me so I guess she thinks age=wisdom. I mean I'd love to be completely healed up and be fine 3 weeks after, but I don't think that will happen.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 11:05 pm - Saint Louis, MO
At 3 weeks out, not only was I still napping every single day but I was a total space cadet from the Lovenox.  Dr. I had me take the shots for a week after surgery to prevent blood clots and it *killed* my attention span.  I know what it feels like to have ADD now, literally the only thing I could do was sit on my couch and watch Say Yes to the Dress or House Hunters because I couldn't concentrate on anything!!  Week 4 was my turnaround point, thankfully.
Divine_Ambrosia
on 10/13/11 5:54 am - Cary, NC
 SCA members I'm guessing? 
beth-28
on 10/13/11 6:38 am
On October 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM Pacific Time, Divine_Ambrosia wrote:
 SCA members I'm guessing? 
Yes, SCA. Are you a Scadian too?