Dr. Roslin's patients or other revision patients

Toy T.
on 10/12/11 6:38 am
DS on 02/22/12
Good afternoon all,

My consult w/ Dr. Roslin is next Thursday. They advised me to bring over the d/c summary and op note as well as any f/u notes from my surgeon to appt. Well I sent over release of info form to my surgeon 2.5 weeks ago and called today to f/u. They are telling me they can't find my records at all. They have looked under their new system and their old system. My surgery was 2004 and I probably had my last follow up with him in 2005 so it is possible that they did destroy my records even though I know here in CT they generally don't destroy them for 7 years. Will this be a hinderance to me getting surgery if he doesn't have the f/u notes. I mean I have tried. My previous surgeon's office says they will continue to search and I can call back tomorrow but they don't think they have them. I called Dr. Roslin's office and left a message but since you guys, especially some of us w/ older dates may have run into the same thing I was wondering if you could help me be a little less anxious. I do have my op note and d/c summary. I received that within 24 hrs via email from the hospital.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 6:46 am
 When I had my revision done I got my surgery notes/reports from the hospital where the surgery was done.
Toy T.
on 10/12/11 7:03 am
DS on 02/22/12
My previous surgeon is affiliated with the hospital but his private office is where I saw him for followup which is offsite.
newyorkbitch
on 10/12/11 7:27 am
I think Roslin will care about your operative report - what followup issues do/did you have that might affect surgical decisions?  You should be able to get your operative report from the hospital.

Roslin might also want to do an endoscopy or a GI series or a CT scan (or all?) to be safe...talk to him about it.

larra
on 10/12/11 8:51 am - bay area, CA
The hospital where the surgery was done will have a copy of the operative report, which is way more important than the f/u notes. Contact the hospital and sign a release of info for them to provide it to you.

Larra
Toy T.
on 10/12/11 9:25 am
DS on 02/22/12
No I have my op note and d/c summary. Hospital was able to send that via email 24 hrs after requesting it so I have those but just don't have surgeon appt notes. I never had problems with surgery after and only saw him until I moved to Mass for grad school so I saw him for about a year or so. I only had problems with dumping but that's it. So I should be ok?
newyorkbitch
on 10/12/11 9:26 am
Most likely,  but you'll need to discuss with Dr Roslin to make sure he's comfortable and has enough info.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 10:38 am - Bayonne, NJ
When I went for my revision, I had to get the surgical report from the hospital. Took a day, which was nothing. University Hospital in Newark faxed it over to Dr. Greenbaum. I had copies of all of my RNY doc's original office notes transferred to my PCP because my doc closed his practice.

I had copies of everything sent to Dr. Greenbaum. From what Dr. Greenbaum said to me, the operative report was the most important thing for him to have.
Toy T.
on 10/12/11 12:03 pm
DS on 02/22/12
 Thanks so much ladies. Yeah it is at the doctor's office discretion to determine how long they will keep records. I will try the supervisor tomorrow to confirm there are no records and if not I will get any test Dr. Roslin requests ( I figured I would have to do the upper GI and CT scan anyway). Its funny bc when I went to his office I swore all his records were electronic but I could have been wrong. He was a young doctor with the latest technology devices but for some reason my records are missing but the hospital who just recently went electronic is able to send records via healthport so fast. Ironic. 
Frankie
on 10/13/11 12:32 am - NY
Hi Toya, Good luck with your appointment with Dr. Roslin.  When I met with him I gave him a copy of my surgical report (RNY in 12/2004) and my Endoscopy report.  He wanted me to get a CT Scan with and without contrast (which I had done at Lenox HIll).  Once those reports came back we discussed my revision.  Since I had gained 80lbs of the 122lbs I lost and I had hypoglycemia and a stretched pouch opening.

I hope this helps.

Frankie