FAGE

prettypixels
on 10/12/11 5:29 am
 I tried this but it just came out tasting like yogurty chemicals.  Blech!  I bet I am getting the proportions wrong somehow.  

OP I feel your pain;  I am trying to make myself like Greek yogurt too.  So far I only like it in smoothies (ie: cannot taste it at all!), but I am trying! 
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

rubytica
on 10/12/11 1:15 am - GA
I l;oved the FAGE, I like it plain too.  COSTCO has a great greek yogurt too but again it is plain.
no_more_rolls
on 10/12/11 2:56 am - Jackson, MI
I'm not a big fan of greek yogurt by itself either.  I also notice some brands do seem a little bitter compared to others.  I can't stand the honey versions.

My favorite yogurt is Carbmaster Yogurt from Kroger stores.  It does not have as much protein as greek yogurt, but it's only 4 carbs and still packs 8 grams of protein.  Imo it's a perfect snack.

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

halblingefrau
on 10/12/11 3:33 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I didn't think it tastes bitter, but it does taste vinegar-y to me.  So we're probably describing the same thing.  I pretty much HAVE to doctor my greek yogurt or I won't eat it.  I use a teaspoon of vanilla extract, some sweet n' low (or sweetener of your choice), and that's it (unless I use some real fruit pieces).  I haven't found a brand that I really prefer.  It all tastes kind of nasty to me.  I'm going to try sugar-free preserves though.  I loves me some strawberry yogurt! 

I am going to go pick up some right now.  I've been having some digestive issues lately, which I think is from trying to eat too wide a variety of foods this early out.  Need to go back to basics for awhile until my guts stop hating me.

litebrite
on 10/13/11 11:39 am - Telford, PA
I got some and thought the same thing.  I used the water flavor Mio.  It was sooooooo good with that!
DS on 8/15/11

Its a Secret
on 10/13/11 12:29 pm