Do our teeth suffer from having a DS??

yorkieGal
on 10/12/11 11:39 pm - Clermont, FL
Thanks Hon, I hate toothache!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

gak
on 10/11/11 1:45 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
My dentist, a recent newer grad, believes it has more to do with genetics as long as all our supplements are being taken as they should and labs are good.  If not taking supplements, it could be a combo of the the two  though.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 12:48 pm
 I think this is a YMMV thing.  I went to the dentist for the first time in 18 mos.  He kept commenting on how incredibly clean my teeth were and how great they looked.  We talked about it and he thinks it the calcium and all the lemon water I drink that keeps the tatar from building up.  Whatever, I'll take it.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 4:34 pm
 I've been having a terrible time with my teeth, starting about two years ago. I had RNY in 2005, but never had any trouble with my teeth. Then, in 2009, I was put on a steroid, and the combination of not absorbing calcium well, along with the malabsorption of vitamin D that came with the steroid use...well, let's just say that I have only eight teeth left that haven't either been pulled or root canaled. 

At the rate I'm going, I figure the remaining eight teeth will have been root canaled in about eight months time. I'm already looking at partial dentures. 

I've been instructed to only use prescription flouride toothpaste from now on. Though my calcium levels are much better now, once the enamel is gone, it's gone. 

~Lynda

yorkieGal
on 10/12/11 11:44 pm - Clermont, FL

Oh I can so relate....this is my 4th root canal in 2 yrs and I think there is at least one more that I am going to have pulled and one more that needs at least a crown....I am definitely going to need some artificial help over the next 5yrs or so........kind of resigned myself to it. In fact I have stashed away the money I was going to use for plastics in case I need to get dental implants etc!!
big hug to ya,where do you get the prescription for the flouride toothpaste? your dentist? maybe I should ask mine (affectionately known as the butcher in our house!!) I just want to be pain free!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!