Thigh Lift - 3 Days Post Op - Pictures Up on Profile

NoMore B.
on 10/9/11 10:47 pm
 Hi everyone,
I posted on the plastics board, but thought I'd cross post here for anyone interested.  I had a vertical thigh lift (extended,long incision) on Friday.  This completes the last phase of my plastics. I also had a Lower Body Lift, Arm Lift, and Breast Lift / Aug in May.

I heard that the thigh lift was a very painful recovery, and that's no joke!  It friggin hurts but it's managed well with my pain meds.

The thigh lift totally got rid of that "sitting on a pillow" feeling in my thighs and below my butt cheeks.  I have a scar that goes from just below my knee, up to my groin, and up the side of my pelvic area.  It also goes about half way across the crease of where my butt cheek meets my upper thigh.  This is an extended scar, most thigh lifts dont go this far.  I carried a lot of weight in my butt and thighs and was dealing with a ton of skin there.  I made the decision with my PS to extend the scar past my knee to get rid of excess there.  I always had that big fat lumpy knees.

If you look at the pictures, dont be alarmed by my incisions.  My PS closes them that way on purpose.  He raises them into something that looks like a rope - or pie crust.  He does that to reduce tension on the actual incision line, which is a thin line on top of the rope.  In time they flatten and smooth out nicely.  I have an album of arm lift photos where you can see the scar healing progression over time.  

If any of you are considering a thigh lift, one of the best tips I read is to buy something called a "Freshette".  It's basically a funnel with a spout that lets us ladies pee standing up!  It's been a life saver not to have to squat up and down on the toilet so many times while I'm healing.  Men have it much easier!!

Joanne
MajorMom
on 10/9/11 10:51 pm - VA
Looks good, Joanne. Not anywhere near as bad as my imagination took me.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

NoMore B.
on 10/10/11 12:06 am
 Thanks, people have commented on my incision so I thought it better to explain it up front.  Had my PS not warned me he did it that way on purpose I would have been freaked out.
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 11:34 pm
Joanne,

You look awesome!  I can't wait to see pics after you are all healed.

Miss DS Hottie, you have come a long way!

Hugs,
Michele
NoMore B.
on 10/10/11 12:07 am
 Thanks Michele

And takes one to know one!  

Blank Out
on 10/9/11 11:45 pm
 Pics are great!  I am really impressed with your surgeon!  Kudos to you for finding this guy!  Does he have a lot of experience with SMO patients?  Really happy it's behind you!  I envy you!!!!!  Someday...

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

NoMore B.
on 10/10/11 12:08 am
 Thanks,
Yeah his practice is almost exclusively massive weight loss patients.  

Here's a link if you're interested, I cant say enough good things about him or his staff:

www.capellaplasticsurgery.net
Blank Out
on 10/10/11 12:18 am
 Thank you for the link!

Blank Out
on 10/9/11 11:47 pm
 ...and PS, I used a "freshette"  type device that was disposable when traveling in Asia, because toilets are mainly holes in the ground that the locals squat over.   So glad I had those!!!

NoMore B.
on 10/10/11 12:09 am
 Oh I could have used that!  I went on a business trip a few years ago to South Korea and hated doing the straddle and squatting!