Update on me and what I've been up too - slightly OT

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 10:25 pm
I'm gonna look into water therapy at the Y and their sliding scale thing. Once things get a bit back to normal. My aunt has a recumbant bike she has in storage I may be able to get. We'll look into that too. It was reccomended that I use one too.

Thanks,

Dana
Lisey
on 10/10/11 1:49 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI
Don't beat yourself up about the weight regain.  After 2 surgeries, it's very understandable.  Just keep at the healthy DS eating and as you add in more exercise, you'll slowly get back to where you want to be.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 10:21 pm
Thanks. I'm trying not too. It's a head thing. One day at a time...
k9ophile
on 10/10/11 2:21 pm
So glad to hear from you.  I had my knee replaced August 1 and think I should be excempt from the time required to heal, I'm so tired of the pain and/or stiffness.  OK, so I'm not as special as I think I should be...  I'm glad you and Ginger prepared me or else I'd be throwing more of a hissy than I am.  Also, I am grateful that my therapists were so good.  They never pushed me beyond what I could do and really helped me.

Take care.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 10:24 pm
I keep hearing it gets better, but now... UGH! In a year we will be skipping thru the park with our new knees!!!

It takes about a year before things get back to normal. Whatever that is.

Take care of yourself, I know how you feel. I am soo stiff and aching this AM. Thanks for writing.
Jody W.
on 10/10/11 11:00 pm - Windsor, CT
Dana,
Keep your head up.... I know that it is tough sometimes... but you will get through this...Also I think that the pool is a great idea.... I think the Y is expensive everywhere... but you could try one of your local high schools... they usually have open swim times and sometimes even water aerobic classes for people in that city or town.  The prices would be WAY cheaper than the Y.... Best of luck!!! Keep us posted!!
-Jody

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170