***Monday Bites, Vites & Exercites***

MajorMom
on 10/10/11 8:03 am - VA
Hi guys,

BITES: (DS Maintenance Mode)
B - 2 protein coffees (60g)
S - Fage yogurt and protein coffee (30g)
L - 15-bean soup w/Italian sausage
S - protein shake (30g)
S - popcorn
S - several bites of NC BBQ
D - leftover brisket and a tater
S - CarbSmart ice cream

VITES:
morning batch: done
calcium batches:  done
omega 3-6-9: done
iron: done
evening batch: almost done
Proferrin: pending

EXERCITES:
none

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 10/10/11 8:33 am - OKC, OK
Hi Gina and everyone,
We ended up with 4 in of rain!
Evidently the pharmacists around here are refusing to fill scripts for large doses of vit D. Heard this at the support group last week.

B: bacon (12), double protein shake (46)
S: handful of almonds (6)
L: 1/2 WW thin bread with turkey and Swiss (14), 6 grape tomatoes, few avacado slices, CS fudge bar
S: new protein shake...very filling and could only drink half (12)
D: Brok's pizza (4)
S: plan double decaf protein shake

Vites done. Fluids more than 100 oz.
Exercites: have a 2+ hour dance rehearsal tonight

Gina, how was the soup ?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

MajorMom
on 10/10/11 8:40 am, edited 10/9/11 8:40 pm - VA
Dry D3 or oil-based D2? I wouldn't blame them for the oil-based stuff. Even normies have trouble with that stuff. The pharmacists here only know about oil-based D...they don't even know what kind of D it is.

Great Bites. Have fun dancing tonight.

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

teachmid
on 10/10/11 8:48 am - OKC, OK
I suspect oil based since it was within the context of RNY and VSG deficiencies. Since I was new, I just listened. I'm going this Thursday again because I want to hear the second part of the plastic surgery presentation. Then, who knows.

PS wise, I've prioritized what I need/want and now am just waiting for a consult appointment.
     -Gail-

Jolly Rancher
on 10/10/11 9:48 am
Well, it's been pretty much like this for the last 4 days. I've not posted as to not bring myself down.

I haven't had much luck keeping anything noteworthy down. No, I'm not sick. I'm going through a "phase" I guess.

B - 2 eggs, 1/2c ham cubes, 1/2c swiss, 1tbs heavy cream - made into a crustless quiche. I'm completely done trying any type of baked egg.....It hasn't and won't ever work, I think. Of course, after the weekend, I'm not even sure.

This sat on my chest all day, although I could drink fine and I took my meds. I knew I had "the feeling" and couldn't eat until it passed. It didn't. I tried a few almonds, as sometimes if I eat a bite, it will help somehow. Nothing doing, so I waited a while longer. Decided it was time fo a protein shake, so I had 1.5 scoop Champion with water. That did it. Too full, out it came, but not all......unfortunately. Decided to wait a bit before trying (wasting) another shake. Drank some more, knew it was still there, so drank really fast, and that made everything finally come up.

I'm just now feeling "unstuck"......I'm going to try to do another shake before bed, but needless to say all numbers for today and the last couple have been really crappy.

Vites - whatever stayed down out of 3 doses
Exercites - 3 dog walks, playing in the floor w/ the dog, and that's about it!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
MajorMom
on 10/10/11 9:57 am - VA
Stress can cause me to tighten up. You have no other pain with this, just won't go down and stay down?

Yeah, I think I'd go all liquids for a few days.

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

Jolly Rancher
on 10/10/11 11:01 am
I was thinking stress as well. Last week was a complete nightmare. I do feel 100% better since getting it all out. I've managed to get down a protein shake and no tight feelings in the chest. I put some bacon in the oven, and as that has been pretty failproof (though I've had some moments with it as well). I'm going to try it in a bit. Tomorrow will start out with a protein shake and maybe some cheese (that's usually been a good one for me also). Seems if I start the day off like this, it stays like this. Highly annoying!

Yep, no other pain. It goes down, and at first feels fine, but later it's like it won't move, and the pain moves further and further up, and I tend to get the foamies. I didn't get the foamies today, only the pain in the chest. The foamies came after that protein shake, Sometimes, I know as soon as I swallow that I let something slip through that I haven't chewed enough and it can be downhill from there.

Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
teachmid
on 10/10/11 10:03 am - OKC, OK
Janice, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. Been there, done that and you describe it perfectly. Like Gina says, liquids,

Hope you feel beter,
     -Gail-

Jolly Rancher
on 10/10/11 11:02 am
See my reply to Gina. Yes, I've read of your troubles also. Sucks, doesn't it. No rhyme or reason, or easy quick fix. It comes in waves and it's quite annoying.

Thanks!!!!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
teachmid
on 10/10/11 11:59 pm - OKC, OK
Janice,
Hope you're doing better today. I keep looking for a pattern when I have this experience.....nothing in common for me except dense proteins. Sometimes, though, it's my safe foods. I hate it!!! Fortunately, for me, it is occurring less often now.
     -Gail-