Can someone that understands...

Twyla S.
on 10/6/11 10:02 am - Chattanooga, TN
 JMO, but even in my limited knowledge, I'd call that the DUMBASS diet......
Jennifer D.
on 10/6/11 10:18 am
Your body wouldn't have the resources to heal after surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/11 12:51 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I know, but she seems willing to follow any stupid as well as dangerous advise just to have WLS. It's a desperate way of thinking.
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 10:44 am
The funny thing is, in the 1920's there was a milk "cure" diet.. but it was whole raw milk, all the fats included.. still lacking, and it was a fad, back in 1920.. Where a medical professional gets the idea something this lacking is safe to do on a very MO person for an entire month before undergoing major surgery just baffles me.
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 11:08 am - MN
DS on 03/13/12
I guess in a way you could call this survival of the smartest. There is no way in hell I would let a doctor put me on a diet like that there is just no way to keep yourself healthy enough for any kind of surgery doing something so crazy. Hopefully she turns out ok, I would hate for her kids to be with out her but if she dies or has horrible complications because of this she would only have herself to blame.
hollyweasel
on 10/6/11 11:58 pm - MI
This girl has her head in her ass, not in the sand.

She needs to run, not walk, to a doctor who does DS no matter how far she has to travel.  It blows my mind that anyone gets RNY when DS is an option.

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/11 12:53 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Is this picture better ? I was trying to be nice with the sand picture.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI8/S6zfrCJgVTI/AAAAAAAAGsA/miR1PRhuylg/s1600/head_up_your_ass2.jpg
ModestoK
on 10/7/11 1:07 am
NO!
If she isn't smart enough to realize a long pre-op period on nothing but skim milk before surgery isn't sound nutritionally, she isn't smart enough for the DS.  She would likely follow any nutritional advice without question - like taking 2 Flintstone chewables would be enough to keep her healthy.
She also evidently does not have the backbone to question medical authorities, so being an advocate for her aftercare or educating doctor's about her new DS anatomy wouldn't happen.  She would be a bad DS statistic waiting to happen.