Whoot! I'm approved! But now a new question....

beth-28
on 10/5/11 7:44 am
So, I called the insurance company, and got irritated at the first representative I talked to because she evaded my question. She kept saying "the surgeon has notified us." Well I can notify the ins. co that I'm going to do something...that doesn't mean they will pay for it.

I hung up with her and called back. This time I got a very helpful rep who explained everything to me, and actually answered my question "Am I approved for surgery?" "yes, you are approved for a lap proceedure at such and such hospital for the dates of 12/5 to 12/6." Yipee! I am approved!

Now here is my question to ya'll. I thought he was only booked up to October (per his office as of a few days ago). When ya'll were approved by your insurance did they give you a different date than the actual date you had surgery?  Example..Your letter said 06/30 but you actually had it on 06/10...

I hope I can get in earlier....my diabetes is starting to become uncontrolled by oral meds (440 night before last) but my PCP doesn't want me on insulin. Idk why.

Well, no matter what date, I am doing the happy dance!!!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/11 8:07 am - Bayonne, NJ
Usually the dates are dummy dates. It's not a huge issue. I think I was scheduled for February, 2010, and had surgery in Dec. 2009.  Congrats on approval!
teachmid
on 10/5/11 8:13 am - OKC, OK
Yes, very good news.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

MajorMom
on 10/5/11 9:06 am - VA
Congratulations! The sooner the better!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Julie B.
on 10/5/11 12:01 pm - OH
GRATZ! So happy for you! =) 

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

beth-28
on 10/5/11 12:05 pm
I want to thank you and all the vets. Without the support, encouragement, kicks in the pants when needed/deserved, and most of all laughter, it would have been a tedious journey!

I'm still doing happy dances!!!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Shavonne P.
on 10/6/11 12:24 am, edited 10/6/11 12:28 am
Yeah, they use dummy dates.  When my surgeons office submitted for approval they used dates for the following week for surgery, and I wanted to wait a month and a half before having surgery. 

Edited to add: Congrats on your approval!!
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
gak
on 10/6/11 1:18 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
 Congrats on approval ! Will scootch down on the losers bench ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Diane Davis
on 10/7/11 3:58 pm
So happy for you Beth!

Yeah, those are dummy dates, the surgeons office and insurance will adjust all of that!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!