Carmel Corn

ghkan
on 10/4/11 10:47 pm - Comstock Park, MI
 I'm having a carmel corn craving.....no I'm not pregnant!  LOL  Anyone have a tried and true recipe?

Julie R.
on 10/5/11 1:43 am - Ludington, MI
If I made a list of the top ten foods that give me the worst gas, bloating and diarrhea, caramel corn would be right there at the top.   OMG - I love the stuff and it HATES, HATES, HATES me.   I usually do stupid stuff and eat some offending foods anyway, but that and ice cream are the two foods that are not worth the pain and bloating.  So...sorry....no recipe, LOL.    If anybody ever events a gas-free caramel corn, I'm all over it.  
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

J G.
on 10/5/11 3:34 pm
hmmm... Julie, what would it be in carmel corn that would make you have terrible bloat and gas?   I thought it was just sugar-coated popcorn.  Am I wrong?
Julie R.
on 10/5/11 9:23 pm - Ludington, MI
SUGAR!
anything with either pure sugar or sugar/flour gives me terrible gas.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

no_more_rolls
on 10/5/11 2:09 am - Jackson, MI
It's not quite the same as carmel corn, but have you tried to substitute it for kettle corn?  It still has the sweet salty taste, but only has the same carbs as regular popcorn.  I buy it in the microwave bags and add lots of extra butter.  It's a family favorite here!
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

tonkasmom
on 10/5/11 3:50 am - Paradise, CA
I was also thinking of Kettle Korn as a subsititute as the other poster suggested.  I have made my own Kettle Korn  it is so easy.  Just add sugar to the oil when you pop it on the stove.  Google it and get recipe for correct amounts.  I was thinking of using brown sugar to make it more like caramel corn.

Donna

HW 370
SW 337/CW 160/GW 159

ghkan
on 10/5/11 5:27 am - Comstock Park, MI
 Thanks ladies!  I forgot about Kettle Corn.  My Great Aunt used to make carmel corn and I've been dreaming about it, however, I'm not keen on her secret recipe as it has many ingredients and steps involved.  But it's the best ever!!!  I'm thinking of making some "kettle corn" tonight for a snack while I watch Ghost Hunters, after all, it is Wednesday!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/11 12:36 pm
I just eat the real thing and deal with the consequences. . .   Farting is such sweet sorrow.
pktwatch
on 10/5/11 1:18 pm
I can't wait to have some good old buttered popcorn, but that's most likely a long way off............

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)