Product review - calorie, carb, and guilt free

no_more_rolls
on 10/3/11 11:03 pm - Jackson, MI
In case you missed it, a couple months ago there was a post about Miracle (shirataki) Noodles.  

I found a product in my local store called NOoodle.  I think they are similar products.  These are a shirataki noodle, I believe but I do not see anything stating that on the packaging.  They claim to be calorie free, carb free, fat free.  The down side is there is not any protein in them, so make sure you are will still reach your daily protein goals if you are going to eat them.  The ingredients are water, yam flour, and lime.  They come packaged in a liquid gel.  They smell fishy, so you have to rinse them out several times in cold water to remove the odor.  After you rinse them well, put them in a skillet and cook them to "dry" them out some, then add your ingredients and cook some more so the flavor is absorbed.  They do not have a texture like a spaghetti noodle...it's more like a noodle that would be used in stir fry, or some would say rubbery.  

I've tried them a couple ways so far and rather like them.  Pasta has always been a down-fall for me, and this is a good guilt free alternative if you prepare them correctly.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

yorkieGal
on 10/3/11 11:07 pm - Clermont, FL
Cool, sounds like its worth a try...I can feel a shrimp garlic stir fry coming on now lol

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Kathleen F.
on 10/4/11 1:56 am

You can try the shirataki/tofu noodles.They have a less rubbery texture but do have 1 net carb per serving. I like to use the "spaghetti" version in a ramen type soup. 

https://files.nyu.edu/jd1506/public/4124X81WQJL.jpg

DivaJojo
on 10/4/11 2:47 am - Atlanta, GA
Oh my goodness, just saw someone mention shirataki noodles in the last week and had no idea what they were talking about.  I have been craving pasta and now can try to have it.  I'll have to try these this weekend.  Any backlash I need to be wary of since my hind quarters are a bit sensitive at the present time?

Thanks.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs