ADIPEX AND DS...

MsBatt
on 10/2/11 12:21 pm
She's NOT nekkid if she's wearing a stethoscope.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/2/11 2:54 pm - Tuvalu

"
She's NOT nekkid if she's wearing a stethoscope."

See?  That's what it looked like in the photos.  Not nekkid because of the stethoscope.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/2/11 7:07 am - Tuvalu
Oh...and lose the drugs.

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/11 7:08 am - ewing, NJ

Sorry guys not yelling computer malfunction! I am back on my pc now!!

Victorious_one
on 10/2/11 7:47 am - South Central, PA

I'm actually a big Adipex fan.  It's done a lot for a friend of mine who failed to lose enough weight post-RNY.

Are you taking it trying to lose as much weight as possible before surgery?  If so, don't worry--you're not likely to lose more than 10 lbs or so between now and your surgery date, so you can stop anytime.

Check in with your surgeon to see what he says.

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/11 8:11 am - ewing, NJ
I was taking the pills because of the uncertainity of the approval for surgery. I dont see Dr.Greenbaum til one day before my surgery. I will call the office to find out what he says about it. Thanks Again Everyone....
Emily F.
on 10/2/11 9:53 am
Yes, you have to be off those for AT LEAST 2 weeks before surgery. Stop now.
no_more_rolls
on 10/3/11 1:27 am - Jackson, MI
Some surgeon's may require even longer than 2 weeks.  My surgeon required me to stop taking a medication for migraines a month before...it just depends on the med.  Since they are a controlled substance, and an amphetamine you might want to quit taking them now.  Some of the side effects of Adipex is increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, and heart palpitations.  Personally, if I was planning on having surgery I would want it out of my system asap...the risk is just too great.  

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"