stomach ache/nausea 18 months out

Bonnie R.
on 10/2/11 3:45 am - Stratford, CT
 I took my acid reducer this morning.  Tried Tums upon onset.  I ate nothing today that I haven't eaten in the past.  It is very painful, coming in waves and nausea as well.  Any suggestions?
Julie B.
on 10/2/11 4:10 am - OH
Do you have your gallbladder?

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

airbender
on 10/2/11 4:54 am
oh you poor thing, I know Roslin removes your gallbladder so you can strike that off, have you contacted a GI?  have they done an UGI?  nausea and pain I would have that looked at......
beemerbeeper
on 10/2/11 5:09 am - AL
I think even after a gallbladder is removed that you can still have issues related to it.  I forget the details.  I just hope you are feeling better by now.

~Becky

sia
on 10/2/11 5:34 am - NY
 Up the dosage or take a combo, like Prilosec AND Tagamet. That should help. Push come to shove, get on a prokinetic, but stay the eff away from Reglan if at all possible. Good luck. I have GERD and it's a mofo and then some. I take four acid reducers. I get it.
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
Bonnie R.
on 10/2/11 6:39 am - Stratford, CT
 Thanks all for your replies. I am feeling a bit better.  I seem to be hungry now but nervous to eat--as you can imagine.

I'm wondering if this is related to the zinc I had taken a little before the onset of pain?  Although I had not taken it on an empty stomach, maybe I just had a bad reaction.   Will be smarter about taking at exact time of eating and I'll also talk to my GI about adding to another PPI or different one. We had spoken about that before so this is the catalyst I needed to get in touch with him again.

Verhampshirite
on 10/2/11 10:10 am
I'm glad you feel better, Bonnie. If the pain returns, I think you should call your surgeon, just to be safe.

-- Lenore

Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run it is easier.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
HW - 320, SW - 277, CW - 144, GW - 137
5' 2.5"; 120 cm. common channel; 3-4 oz. sleeve

Jody W.
on 10/2/11 11:36 pm - Windsor, CT
Hi Bonnie,
How are you?  LTNS!!!  I am glad that you are feeling better... Its funny... that I did not realize what acid reflux actually was until I had this surgery... I knew what BP'ing and vomitting was... but I never had a problem with reflux....

Again hope all is well... Talk to you soon!!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Recent Topics