Piggybacking off of DS'ers are mean

butercup
on 10/2/11 8:13 am - Kennewick, WA
goodkel
on 10/1/11 1:13 pm
OH provides you with several tools to customize your onine experience here.

The block button hides the posts of members whose posting style you find offensive for whatever reason.

The adult content filter hides profanity if you are offended by saltier language.

You can even start your own forum where you CAN dictate behavior.

If you don't like bickering, block those who bicker.

What you can not do is dictate anyone else's behavior on public boards. 

Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Ding-E-Girl
on 10/1/11 1:15 pm - MS
     Why all the cussing and bitterness ???    Most of us are all here for the same reason,  we all battle weight !!!   Some of us have had the DS and  some are trying to learn about the DS,   regardless of why people come to this forum,   everybody should be treated with respect !!!   I came here 4 yrs ago when I had my sleeve and I am back now trying to learn all I can about the DS.    Everybody has been super nice and helpful to me and I appreciate it greatly even though I was forewarned that the DS board would chew me up and spit me out.     Im tough,  I can handle some harsh words,  but support and encouragement is what I am seeking..... just like everybody else.    Hopefully we can all get along and be here for each other !!    
sia
on 10/1/11 1:28 pm - NY
When you are here for years on end, you'll understand the "bitterness" and "foul words". We aren't a g-ddamn sorority. If you want love, support then go to group therapy.

We don't clean up ass and wipe noses. We kick them. Next!

Post Script: block me now.
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/1/11 1:45 pm - Tuvalu
On October 1, 2011 at 8:15 PM Pacific Time, Ding-E-Girl wrote:
     Why all the cussing and bitterness ???    Most of us are all here for the same reason,  we all battle weight !!!   Some of us have had the DS and  some are trying to learn about the DS,   regardless of why people come to this forum,   everybody should be treated with respect !!!   I came here 4 yrs ago when I had my sleeve and I am back now trying to learn all I can about the DS.    Everybody has been super nice and helpful to me and I appreciate it greatly even though I was forewarned that the DS board would chew me up and spit me out.     Im tough,  I can handle some harsh words,  but support and encouragement is what I am seeking..... just like everybody else.    Hopefully we can all get along and be here for each other !!    

1--we cuss because that's the way some of us talk.
2--bitterness?  I think that's the people whining about not being handled with the kid gloves they are sure they deserve.  You'll have to ask one of them.
3--we don't all battle ONLY weight.  Some of us are at war with stupidity, arrogance, that kind of thing.
4--my view is that most of us are to a large degree responsible for the type of responses we get from others...as in...people have to EARN respect.  If they act like idiots, they are likely to be treated accordingly.
5--the DS board has earned a reputation for being a place where MORONS are chewup up and spit out.  The way to avoid that is obvious.
6--I wonder what it is that makes people who are here seeking support and encouragement assume that that's what EVERYONE is doing here.
7--how nice of you to drop in and tell us what you expect of us.  Entitled and presumptuous much?

beemerbeeper
on 10/1/11 2:14 pm - AL
Oh I laughed so hard at your list of 7.  I had really hoped it would be EIGHT tho (or two fours).  lololol.

~Becky

"Just Elizabeth "
on 10/1/11 11:51 pm - Houston, TX
On October 1, 2011 at 8:15 PM Pacific Time, Ding-E-Girl wrote:

Why all the cussing and bitterness ???

Because that's the way I ******g talk! After 8 years working directly with active duty military personnel next to an active war zone (3 of those years directly with Marines) what the **** do you expect? And guess what. I like it. There was a recent study to find out why people cuss. The outcome? Because it makes people feel better. So I'm going to feel a whole lot better after this: Fuckity **** fuck fuck!!!

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/2/11 5:10 am - Tuvalu

And for reference purposes, I joined the WACs (what women in the Army were called back in the day) AFTER working in a men's jail.  The way those Army girls talked made ME blush.

Elizabeth N.
on 10/2/11 5:06 am - Burlington County, NJ
Because we are ******G TIRED OF BEING PAINTED AS EVIL MEENIES AND TOLD TO **** SUNSHINE AND PUKE RAINBOWS.

This is not rocket science, NEWBIE. If something gets too "harsh" for you, USE YOUR BLOCK BUTTON LIKE A GROWNUP FERGAWDSAKE.

Ding-E-Girl
on 10/1/11 1:33 pm - MS
     WOW,  thats definitely a good attitude !!!    I can feel the love !!          
Recent Topics