Piggybacking off of DS'ers are mean

Toy T.
on 10/1/11 11:28 am
DS on 02/22/12
Like I have said in many of my posts, I had RNY in 2004 and mostly stayed in the CT forum when it was the old OH and not this new format. I have been on many forums and do not stir up trouble but it is my being that I always go for the underdog. One of the many reasons I became a clinical social worker. I don't believe DS'ers are mean or meaner than any other forum group but  I feel that we need to remember that a lot of people are at different stages in their life and this provess and sometimes can't take the harsh criticism that is dished out to them in the form of advice.  Many people are already dealing with insecurity issues about their self, their looks, and what gaining weight means for them. They don't want to go back to the heavy jane doe. We have all been there when we felt that our tool is just not working for us and should really do something about it. Some people start taking steps right away and others wait years before they approach a doctor about revision but who am I to say either way is wrong.  A 15lb weight loss may not seem like a lot to a person but we need to remember WLS is not only a physical thing, its a psychological one as well. 

I am posting this bc I feel the bickering has gone one long enough. I am not a moderator or adminstrator or shoudl I have to be since we are all adults but please treat your fellow posters with some common courtesy. I am not saying baby them but at least try to understand where they are coming from. 

Toy
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/11 11:35 am, edited 9/30/11 11:37 pm
Really? If someone can't take a little harsh advice they should NOT GET A DS! That is the point. You have to have thick skin and you have to fight for proper medical care for the rest of your life. So if someone wan't sunshine and rainbows they should pick a different surgery.

Social worker or not, you aren't qualified to come here and tell us how to treat others. Thanks though.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/1/11 11:42 am - Tuvalu

Gee...and I thought I liked you.

For the record and as stated as delicately as I can, how I express myself is none of your ******g business.  This is not a place for you to exercise your professional skill set on a host of unwilling recipients.  Your skill set may involve trying to makes sure that everyone is happy.  Someone else may have a skill set that involves making sure everyone who breaks the law goes to jail.  Should they be practicing that in HERE?

No.

And neither should you.

If you want to make sure that everyone in the room you're in behaves exactly as you want them to do, you're just going to have to pay for your own damned room, so that you can evict the offending parties.  Meanwhile, this is a microcosm of the earth...and various communication styles will be utilized.

Nicolle
on 10/1/11 11:45 am, edited 9/30/11 11:46 pm
I agree. Now shut up you crabby *****

Signed,

Another crabby *****

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Elizabeth N.
on 10/1/11 12:12 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Looks like our herder of Montana cats is now sending her minions into new places to extend the nanny state efforts.

It's a social worker disease, y'know. It's a field that draws nanny wannabes, who in turn cast a poor light on the profession as a whole.

Toy T.
on 10/1/11 11:49 am
DS on 02/22/12
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/1/11 11:59 am, edited 10/1/11 11:59 am - Tuvalu
On October 1, 2011 at 6:49 PM Pacific Time, ChocolateToy wrote:  Its not treating people a certain way. It is about treating people w/ some decent common courtesy that we should have all been taught. 

"we should have all been taught"

You're in charge of deciding what we all SHOULD do/know/learn/understand/ad nauseum, now?

think we should have been taught not to split up a predicate like that, especially if we are telling others that we are educated professionals.  If we all get to enforce the rules of whatever the hell we're educated and experienced in, in real life, I DEMAND that you write gramatically correct sentences...because...and watch this..."all of us should have been taught" how to do that.

Toy T.
on 10/1/11 12:01 pm
DS on 02/22/12
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/1/11 12:57 pm - Tuvalu
On October 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM Pacific Time, ChocolateToy wrote:
Well my parents and relatives sure taught it to me and I am 30 so I would figure that everyone else should have been taught it at some point in their life as well. 

Because what YOU have experienced, everyone should have experienced? 

Really?  Did you get that degree by mailing in candy bar wrappers or something, because knowing WHAT informs our values and customs comes pretty early in the standard Social Sciences curriculum.  Maybe you were absent?

Toy T.
on 10/1/11 12:00 pm
DS on 02/22/12
Recent Topics