DS surgery cost

sdld2001
on 10/1/11 7:56 am - Summerville, SC
Dr. Boyce in Knoxville, TN is 25K for a full DS. I imagine it should be cheaper since you already have the sleeve.

What is your BMI?
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
Elizabeth N.
on 10/1/11 11:34 am - Burlington County, NJ
Dr. David Greenbaum in NJ. www.duodenalswitchdoc.com

Dr. Daryl Stewart in TX, Dr. Paul Kemmeter in MI.

My surgeon is unfortunately on a lengthy sabbatical due to health issues, otherwise I'd send you to him. I paid a little under $20 K for mine.

Dudette
on 10/1/11 1:51 pm, edited 10/1/11 1:53 pm - Edina, MN
 HI Ding-E!  I had DS surgery in Mexico yesterday. I am typing this from my laptop in my hospital room in Mexicali.  I paid $13,000US for the lap DS procedure. I had two surgeons on my surgical team and one of them is a vetted DS surgeon (the other is a fantastic VSG surgeon).

Amazingly I am feeling well enough post-surgery to be goofing off here on the OH forums. Drop me a line and I can provide you the details of which surgeons I used. Since I think I got a pretty special deal from these two surgeons I'm not sure if I should really post both of their names along with the price publicly.  Drop me a line and I'll send you the info via PM instead.
Ding-E-Girl
on 10/1/11 2:21 pm - MS
     WOW,   its great to hear that your doing so well so fast.....thats VERY encouraging to me !!!!    I have so many questions !!!     Do they give morphine in Mexico ??? lol      
Dudette
on 10/1/11 2:28 pm - Edina, MN
 Post op they gave me some in my IV. Didn't really notice the effects. It didn't make me dopey or anything. I also didn't notice when they stopped giving it. I felt decent enough a few hours later to be able to get out of bed, walk, go to the bathroom, etc. I am a little stiffer in my abdomen today than I was yesterday, but it's still not horrible at all.

Coming to these forums I read all these horror stories about what a major surgery this is... and no doubt... it most certainly is. However, everyone reacts to it differently.I am handling it really well so far. Your mileage may vary. 
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/11 2:52 pm - San Jose, CA
On October 1, 2011 at 8:51 PM Pacific Time, Dudette wrote:
 HI Ding-E!  I had DS surgery in Mexico yesterday. I am typing this from my laptop in my hospital room in Mexicali.  I paid $13,000US for the lap DS procedure. I had two surgeons on my surgical team and one of them is a vetted DS surgeon (the other is a fantastic VSG surgeon).

Amazingly I am feeling well enough post-surgery to be goofing off here on the OH forums. Drop me a line and I can provide you the details of which surgeons I used. Since I think I got a pretty special deal from these two surgeons I'm not sure if I should really post both of their names along with the price publicly.  Drop me a line and I'll send you the info via PM instead.

Wow - are you sure you're not on drugs?  Because you do know we can read BOTH threads serially, and put 2+2 together and come up with: Aceves and Ungson did your lap DS for $13K.  Nice.  Was part of your special deal to keep it confidential?  Because you didn't.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/2/11 1:55 am - Tuvalu
On October 1, 2011 at 8:51 PM Pacific Time, Dudette wrote:

I don't know what your deal is with all the secrecy AFTER you already posted the names of the surgeons right here.

Maybe to mention that Aceves is just great (as long as Ungson is watching him) and you're doing just great, too?

When you are telling how successful your procedure of  two days ago was, you need to mention that you volunteered to be a guinea pig under the supervision of a vetted DS surgeon.

And, this kind of gives us a "starting point" for when to count the DSs done by Aceves...in case someone tries to say he's an "experienced DS surgeon" a month from now.  He'll need to have a whole ****load of additional guinea pigs suvive and thrive in order to be considered a vetted DS surgeon.

AmandaID
on 10/2/11 10:36 am - Shoshone, ID
 I went to Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil, almost six years ago. He is one of the top DS surgeons in the world! I would highly suggest you research him. At that time, my surgery was $5500, hospital was $4500. I took my mom with me, and plane/hotel/pre-op tests/meds/food/tourism/etc. came to another $5000.... I spent a total of $15000. Feel free to check out my website (listed in my signature) for more information on how I decided on Dr. M, info about him, my Brazil adventure, etc. Check out his yahoo group. Many of us are happy Dr. Marchesini DSers!!!

Amanda in ID
DS ~ Dec. 7, 2005, with Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil
sw289/lw135/gw137/cw150
PS ~ June 6 & 19, 2008, with Dr. Kuster, Vila Velha, Brazil
check out my website at http://myweb.cableone.net/aeller5/DS/default.htm

jbrookejones2
on 7/15/14 12:56 am
DS on 04/22/13

I was a self-pay DS patient.  The surgeon charged $35,000.  The hospital charged another $13,500 and the anesthesiologist charged $5,000. 

chevtow41
on 7/15/14 1:17 am
DS on 11/11/14

You do realize you are posting to a 3 year old thread? They should should lock them after a year so these old ones can only be READ.