approved lurker

imok2863
on 9/28/11 3:34 am - worcester, PE
Hello my name is Bob and I have been lurking around this message board for many months reading and absorbing all the information that you all put out.I thank you for all the information,  positve feed back you give each other, and the scoldings when needed.

A little back ground about my WLS I started out looking at the band about 3 years ago and backout for what ever reason I do not remember. I then decided that I really should look into RnY went down to the University of Penn and started the process about 2 years ago. Of course I had to go through the 6 months with a nut and I lost around 60 pounds( changed my eat habit completely) and thought this is great I do not need surgery.Well as you all know the weight came back, well not all of it but 40 pounds of it did. So around May of this year my endo told me I should make an appointment with Dr. Bonanni
I did and started the process again. Originally I was going to have the sleeve but after I had my first visit with him he suggested the DS I went home and started to research the hell out of it, drove my wife insane, that weekend and by Monday I decided to have the DS.

That was all in July and after what seems like hudreds of visits to all kinds of doctors and a wife that has been with me every step of the way, sometimes not so thrilled about this but that is another story. Today at lunch I got a phone call from Dr. Bonanni's office and was informed that I GOT APPROVED it was great news but at the same time scared the living **** out of me. I did not except to be approved so soon I also got a surgery date of Dec. 7 which seems so far away but will come so quickly.

Anyhow I look forward to seeing all of you on the losers bench soon.
Sorry for the long post

momx4
on 9/28/11 3:47 am - TX
Welcome, you will be switched one month after me!!
Diane Davis
on 9/28/11 4:16 am
Congratulations to you both!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
beemerbeeper
on 9/28/11 4:39 am - AL
Welcome!

You can keep learning over these months coming up and you can get yourself on a low carb diet.  You can also make sure your are as healthy as possible by starting some vites and protein ahead of time. 
And don't forget your baseline dexa scan.

December will be here before we know it!!  That is true.

~Becky

teachmid
on 9/28/11 4:43 am - OKC, OK
Welcome. Great news!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

mylittleblackdress
on 9/28/11 5:28 am - FL
Welcome and good luck!
Lisa
DianaRR
on 9/28/11 7:05 am - CA
Congrats on your approval. Take care.

edeldog13
on 9/28/11 9:08 am - MO
Wow, congrats on your approval and date! Welcome to the group and soon to be the "bench". Get ready for an amazing ride!
Julie B.
on 9/28/11 11:02 am - OH
I'm sort of a lurker too! I was just approved on Monday. I'm also was looking at the band, then the VSG and then ventured over here, never looked back! 

I'm also nervous and a bit scared, but the folks here have a ton of info and experience. I feel like I'm in good hands, plus I have a fabulous surgeon!

=) I have not gotten my actual surgery date yet, hopefully I'll know tomorrow or Friday. Maybe we'll be close! Welcome to the board!

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

Gina_N.
on 9/28/11 11:41 am
Hi. I had my DS almost 4 months ago with Dr.B and i am still a lurker.  It is all so new still.  The worrying about the surgery is a waste of time, trust me, that was the easy part.  Good luck to you, you are in good hands!
Gina