Keep the Photo Whoring Rolling, Please

Imissthe80s
on 9/22/11 6:05 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Isn't it strange how people's size can become so tied up as their identity?  A girl in my bookclub, who I hadn't seen in a while, lost 50 pounds this past year, and when I saw her she just didn't "look" right anymore, which is totally crazy because she is healthy and feeling great and now with a little one on board.  It's hard to resist the temptation, though, to associate size as part of a who that person is, which in a way, I guess our size impacts our behavior so much that it does play a role in who we are.

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/11 4:57 am - TX
Joanne, is that really you!?  That seems impossible!!   Look at your flat stomach, I haven't tucked in a shirt in 15 years!!  
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 6:18 am - Yorktown, VA
Here are a few of me.  I have a couple of albums on my profile if you want to go and stalk me.  ;)  I've got one with progress pics....monthly pics with the amount lost each month noted.  I've got one "fun things post DS" with random pics showing me enjoying life as a thinner person.  My other one is plastics related.  (I had LBL in May.)

290 pounds......

A few pounds below goal......about a year ago (one year post-op)

Still about the same weight (about 5 pounds below goal)....post LBL...a month ago (21 months post-op)
Imissthe80s
on 9/26/11 1:06 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Tessy- you look fabulous! Your beach pic. looks amazing, so what are you getting plastics on exactly?

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 11:47 am - Yorktown, VA
I had a lower body lift in May (before and afters and scar pics and all that jazz is on my profile).  This is basically at tummy tuck that goes all the way around......360 degrees.  It addresses the stomach, outer thighs and butt.  I also had a butt augmentation done at the same time.  He left some of my tissue that would normally have been removed attached and gave me some shape and roundness backt here so I would not be completely flat after the lift.

I am planning on going back for a breast lift and mini arm lift at a minimum.  I will probably also get implants and an inner thigh lift at the same time.  I just need to cough up another 15 grand to do so!  That ain't so easy!
Imissthe80s
on 9/27/11 12:17 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Wow.  You are going to have like a brand new body.  I saw your pics.  How long did that surgery take? How long will the breast lift and all that take? I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes that I can get away with not having to have all of that.  I don't know, I may end up needing a boob job if I'm left with deflated balloons.  You are lookin' good, lady. (:

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 1:02 am - Yorktown, VA
I knew I'd need a tummy tuck and breast lift.  I thought I was doing okay with the other skin and then it was that last 15 pounds that I dropped!  It just seemed like everything sagged at that point!

The LBL too all day.  I really don't know how long it was.  I was knocked out before I even made it down the hall to the OR (around 9:00 or so) and I really don't remember much of anything until I was up in my room around 7:00 that night, but I was obviously out of surgery for awhile before I remember anything at 7:00 that night! 

I don't remember the times given for any of it!  I'm terrible!  I expect, though, that if I get the breasts, arms and thighs all done at once, that it would be another "all day" experience.,
Imissthe80s
on 9/27/11 3:26 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the quick pace of weight loss brought on by surgery or with weight loss in general.

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 12:59 am - Yorktown, VA
"They" say that skin sag is going to happen regardless of how you loose the weight and at what pace.  Your skin may bounce back some with time, so loosing it slowly might make it seem less dramatic, sure.  It's still going to happen, though.  A lot of it is hereditary, too. 

I also knew that my skin was not very elastic/stretchy because I was COVERED in stretch marks from pregnancy. 
jodic1966
on 9/25/11 8:10 am
As someone who has less than a week of DS living under her belt I have to thank the photo-whoring people. I love seeing pics of those who have trod this path ahead of me I also am a strong believer in behaving like people who have accomplished the same goal I want to conquer.

keep it up, y'all