Keep the Photo Whoring Rolling, Please

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/21/11 3:47 am
Ok, will do.

I've gotta dig the photos up and format them first. I might cross post it on the main board just for ****s and giggles.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Imissthe80s
on 9/21/11 4:44 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Jenna's food photos are lovely, have you seen those?  I have both of her "Eating with a DS" food posts bookmarked.  Visuals are just so darn encouraging and uplifting, especially when you're staring at a screen all day, talking to avatars of grouchy old women, yes Sue, I am talking about you again.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/21/11 4:52 am
Yep, I love that thread of hers. One of my all time faves! I think I have a food fetish
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

litebrite
on 9/21/11 4:53 am - Telford, PA
I must agree, I am a month out and struggling a bit.  I think back on track but it reminds me of why I am doing this, yes to look better but I want to be healthy!!!!!
DS on 8/15/11

NoMore B.
on 9/21/11 6:34 am, edited 1/26/12 11:36 pm
Edited for privacy
Imissthe80s
on 9/21/11 6:53 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Joanne! Isn't it wild the difference in people's Before and After pics?  Unimaginable, really.  As for myself, I can't even dream of how I might look with this weight gone.  Thanks for posting these, you look amazing!  Once again, another post-op DSer with a gorgeous hairstyle.  I keep noticing and commenting on all of you gals' post-op hair!

NoMore B.
on 9/21/11 7:01 am
 Thanks Des,
The part of me that still finds it hard to take a compliment wants to say that losing your hair forces you to be creative with it.  But that's not entirely true.

I have found that I do care more about my appearance now, but in a way that's hard to describe.  It was like I had to figure out who I was.  Before my DS, to me I was just "fat".  Meaning if I had a professional haircut (I work in corporate America), I would think I was Fat and Professional.  Fat and Cute.  Fat and Whatever.  But always the "Fat" came first.

I would buy clothes and would have to settle for whatever fit me.  I went through a period of a lot of anxiety once I started to be able to shop anywhere.  I no longer had to buy what 'fit", but was forced to figure out how to buy what I liked.  I had no idea what my style was.  

I think once I sorted through that, I could let me be me, as opposed to being just the self imposed Fat label, which was unfortunately overshadowing everything else I was.

I hope that makes sense.  It's a long journey and I dont think I'm done.  But it's been very worth it.

Imissthe80s
on 9/21/11 7:22 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
This absolutely makes sense.  For me, in the past year, I'd say, I have become "fat" first and "fat" last and can't seem to see anything beyond the fat fog.  Its reached heights I am sad to even think were possible.  I don't shop for clothes, I just throw on what I reach for that's available and go about my day in the fat fog, not really believing anything else is possible, which is really dumb and cannot continue because my health and my life are depending on ME to get out of this icky place and get on to bigger and better things.

Okay, the hair thing.  I know about the temporary hair loss after surgery, but so far all I'm seeing are these awesome hairstyles on women who obviously care about themselves from head to toe and it's a beautiful thing.

Yeah, after the DS, I'm probably going to be twiddling my thumbs, like all the guys do, in Victoria's Secret not knowing what in the hell I'm doing there!

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 11:44 am - Yorktown, VA
GORGEOUS!

You have your thigh lift scheduled soon, right?
Twyla S.
on 9/21/11 10:21 pm - Chattanooga, TN
 hehehehe.....I absolutely know what I'll be there for!!!  I know it's too much info, but damned if I'm not going to have some fun in that dept.  I've been married for 21 years to my long lanky cowboy type, and I'm just gonna have a ball knocking his socks off in a whole 'nother way!  I know I'll be lost for a bit.....I've been worrying myself over who I am, or who I'll be once I'm no longer "big mama".  My kids have always laughed and said they loved my softness and "cute" chubbiness.  Yeah....ok.  I kinda get it, because I was like that about my mom and grandparents.  It's just who they were.  So the whole "identity" thing kinda bugs me......