One year Surgiversary (pics) (Sorry, LONG)

scoob
on 9/19/11 10:52 pm - Somerset, KY
Thanks so much, Jennifer! How are you doing?

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

wings
on 9/19/11 1:00 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Ruby you look awesome hun.  I hope you get the panniculectomy/anchor cut TT that you want cuz it changed my life. 

I am so happy with my wt loss but the PS is the cherry on the whip cream.  I am so proud of you.

Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
scoob
on 9/19/11 10:54 pm - Somerset, KY
Thanks,Carla! I hope to at LEAST get the panni! More would be awesome. I just want to lose the rest of this weight and get this hernia taken care of.

Ruby

Grammo
on 9/19/11 4:17 pm - Nashville, TN
Congratulations Ruby.  Your perseverance is admirable and it sure paid off.   You look wonderful!
Grammo!
(Ticker includes 11.5 pounds lost on the two week pre-op liquid diet.)

High Weight (09-99) 294 DS Consult Weight (06-09)283 
                  Surgery Weight (8-11-09) 271.5 Goal Weight 130
scoob
on 9/19/11 10:54 pm - Somerset, KY
Thanks so much, Grammo!

Ruby

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/19/11 11:12 pm, edited 9/19/11 11:13 pm - Tuvalu

You have done/are doing great.  And stop blaming yourself for where your fat is distributed.  In MY experience, all tight jeans ever caused was a Urinary Tract Infection.

Okay...the hernia.  IF THERE IS ANY CHANCE AT ALL that you will someday have plastics, you need to read up on the mesh they use in hernia repair.   Once it's in place, it kind of bonds with your body, tissue grows through it and it is impossible to remove without damaging a LOT.  (Surgeons have told me that it's almost impossible to hack through with cutters.)  So it does what it's supposed to, to a fault.

If you have a big ol' vertical incision and a big ol' incisional hernia repair...with mesh...right in the middle of your belly, going after your muffin top AFTER that repair may be a real challenge.

IOW...talk to a plastic surgeon BEFORE you talk to a hernia expert if you have one of those in your area.  I seriously need some belly plastics, but any work there would have to be done around the area that is already meshed.

One other thing...they REALLY like to avoid that area because curing an infection in the meshed area is reported to be VERY difficult.
scoob
on 9/19/11 11:19 pm - Somerset, KY
Thanks so much, Sue! I will def. look into this. I kind of want Dr Inman to do the repair. I was told she does do these. I'm planning on discussing this with her at my one year next month.  Again, Thank you!

As for blaming myself, that was my Grandmother's doings. She always harped at me for wearing my pants too tight. Said one day that huge roll wouldn't pop back out when I unzipped my pants. LOL! My grandmother loved to harp on me!

HUGS Sue!

Ruby

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/20/11 1:05 am
YAY!!! I love reading updates! Despite all the road blocks the DS is worth it! So glad to see you're looking and feeling great!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

scoob
on 9/20/11 3:32 am - Somerset, KY
You're so right! The DS is worth it all!

Thank you so much!

Ruby

Diane Davis
on 9/20/11 3:57 pm
My Dear Sweet Ruby, after looking at these pictures I keep asking myself...."Where'd she go?".  OMGosh, your weight is melting off so fast!

I know you haven't completely disappeared because I talk to you on the phone, but you are less than half the person you use to be, and that tiny little butt!!!

This is my favorite hairstyle so far, really shows off that pretty face of yours!

Take your antibiotics, drink plenty of fluids, get some rest, and get well.  Will talk to you in a couple of days.

Love you!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!