Convention temptation!

sotto_voce
on 9/16/11 11:52 pm - Alpharetta, GA
I am currently exhibiting at the national scientific assembly of the American Academy if Family Physicians. Close to my company's booth is the LapBand booth and I'm having a hard time not engaging their reps in a 'discussion' about the safety and efficacy of their product. Already grabbed the literature and journal studies they have on display and it isn't much more than propaganda. Advocating bands for people with BMIs into the 70s is reprehensible!

Lord give me strength!

Bethany

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 12:24 am
My reps are at AAFP as well.  I'm glad I didn't stopy by this year - they would get an EARFUL from me. 

Such a load of crap - 70 BMI!  The ONLY way that makes sense is to help someone that size lose a LITTLE weight before they have the more serious (and effective) surgery. 

OMG that makes my blood boil.  Don't know how those SOBs sleep at night.
mbumblebee
on 9/17/11 11:14 am
Hi Bethany -  I work for a hospital that is a CoBE and during recent budget meetings the director of the OR says that there has been a SHARP DECREASE in bands.  She says it is band removal & sleeves now.  

*******************************************************************************************
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible. (Bee Movie)