All DSers with deadly complications please report in here>>>

twodelight
on 9/15/11 8:54 am - Atlanta, GA
One poster did mention they didn't choose DS because they would lowe part of their stomach. But knowing what they know now about a DS if they had to do it all over again they would choose DS.

In summary think twice cut once. I'm not a vet yet.
Terri553
on 9/15/11 9:21 am
 POOP-I wrote this once and it went away! I am a vet- and not dead, yet.  I am almost 11 yrs out and DS is the best decision I have ever made for myself and my family.  Read and study the various surgeries, make sure this is the fit for you.  Am I diligent in my eating habits-most of the time. Do I get my required labs and supplements regularly, always.  If you are not willing to commit at the beginning, it will be really hard to dig yourself out after a couple of years out.  Stick with this forum, listen to people from post-op to years out, each one has different experiences. Every single body is different and will react differently.  DS will not fail you, but you can fail it.
NoMore B.
on 9/16/11 12:29 am
She's an ignorant piece of work, isnt she?

Let's see....my deadly complications?  None yet, but as a DS'er I must live in fear of those deadly complications.....

I suppose my husband might kill me if he realizes how much money I've spent on new clothes?

I suppose I might have a higher risk of being killed in a car accident, now that I actually leave my house?

Drowning in a pool, now that I wear a bathing suit in public?

Falling off the zip line I did on vacation, now that I'm not worried any longer about the weight limit?

Getting bit by a rattlesnake while hiking, which I now enjoy?

Yup, my life is full of potentially deadly complications, all the fault of my DS, for sure.

Imissthe80s
on 9/16/11 4:58 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
I love this, Joanne!

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 12:46 am - San Jose, CA

8+ years out and: