Going home tomorrow

lwoznick
on 9/15/11 7:29 am - Green Bay, WI
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you an update on my surgery. I'm going back home to Wisconsin tomorrow morning. I had my revision surgery on Tues. and was a cranky, hurting mess that evening. But things have improved greatly since then. I finally got my NG tube and drain taken out today. Yeah! I'm feeling so much better after that. I'm now on clear liquids and am taking medications orally. They're going to try me on some pureed foods tonight to see how I fare but I don't anticipate any problems. I've been walking, walking, walking and sipping, sipping and sipping my water. I still have some pain, of course, but it's much better today. I'm looking forward to getting back home to sleep in my own bed.

I asked Dr. Buchwald about my post surgical diet and supplementation schedule since I've received a sort of hybrid DS....my intestinal configuration is a DS, but he couldn't give me a sleeve due to problems with my pouch from my RNY surgery. They made it too small, and too high up and he would've ended up having to cut into my esophagus to try to make it work. So he gave me a long limb RNY on top and the DS on the bottom. He told me I should be following the DS supplementation and food requirements. That's a relief as I just bought a ton of supplments for the DS surgery. All in all, things are going pretty well. I just wanted to thank all of you again for your support, prayers and valuable insights. I'm sure I'll have more in time when I return home.

Warmest wishes,

Lisa

HW 293, SW 282, LW (Post RNY) 202, SW Pre-DS 242, CW 219 GW 140
Julie from Ludington, MI is my Angel!

prettypixels
on 9/15/11 9:55 am
So glad you are doing well!!!
provolisa
on 9/15/11 10:04 am - Provo, UT
I really wish you the best!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

elixir
on 9/15/11 10:06 am - MI
Good to hear that you're doing well and get to go home soon! Speedy recovery!

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Twyla S.
on 9/15/11 10:56 am - Chattanooga, TN
 Best wishes for a great recovery!
DianaRR
on 9/15/11 11:56 am - CA
Congratulations on your surgery. I'm sure that malabsorption will really help. I wish for you a great recovery.

Diane Davis
on 9/15/11 12:13 pm
Prayers Lisa,

The most important advice is rest/walk/sip! 

Prayers on a speedy recovery!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
meredith_123
on 9/15/11 1:07 pm - Waterford, MI
congrats!!!  Sounds like it went well.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
Tinabean
on 9/15/11 2:16 pm - MN
Glad to hear the NG tube is out and you are feeling better! Soon you will be home and healing. Hope things continue to just get better!
Frankie
on 9/15/11 11:25 pm - NY
Congrats and glad all went well with your surgery.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Frankie