Stoppable sex machine.

kirmy
on 9/15/11 3:02 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
So...finally went to the doctors...well the clap clinic to be precise! I go yearly for an over haul as a good habit picked up from being a sex worker and a right ***** with a heart of gold.  I asked about getting my Mirena coil out as I have NO I repeat loudly NO sex drive...nadah none zip null.

The Consultant looked sadly at me and explained the the percentile of progesterone being delivered by the coil is so small that the likelihood of it causing sexual dysfunction is very very small. She skipped through my history and family history on my form....

"I see your sister has cancer of the breast, lung and parathyroid, you're Dad has end stage diabetes and renal failure and your mother had a cardiac tamponade after coronary artery bypass" ...ummm yeh....(they asked for family history of disease and I guess my lot just scoop the pool). "Do you think you're suffering from stress"? 

Ok so I've been a health care professional for the best part of 16 years and that never ******g occurred to me! Seriously! I sat thinking for a second and realised that in the last 12 months I've lost over half my body weight, changed my job and am planning another job change, have been bullied, dealt with abuse issues, found out one of my close friends is a ******g evil pedophile and lost one of my best friends after he went ******g mental post coming out.  I am a car accident on legs! 

I have been referred for psycho-sexual counseling...he he hee....I love the sound of it.  I hope that I get a man with a neck beard and lashings of corduroy or a woman in yoga pants and a very soft yet desperately caring voice.

I am 8 years old....do they know what they are doing asking me to sit there and behave myself in a serious manner?

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/15/11 3:21 am - Tuvalu

I will call and tell them that you are NOT a candidate for this therapy. 
kirmy
on 9/15/11 4:05 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
That is wise. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/11 6:53 am
Hello madame!

PM me, I have some information on this that will be helpful.  I tried to PM you but couldn't. 
Kayla B.
on 9/15/11 5:59 am - Austin, TX
On the chance that it's a physical problem and not an emotional/mental one, I still think you should have FSH, LH, estradiol, progesterone & testosterone checked if you can.

Around 1-1.5 yrs out my hormones walked off the planet.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
kirmy
on 9/15/11 7:38 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'm onto it!!!!

Felicia S.
on 9/15/11 4:16 pm - Lincoln, NE
I just had my hormones checked today along with my vitamin levels because my periods have been completely out of whack since my surgery.  Also, I have not had a period at all since February 2011...so 7 months!!  Before surgery my periods were every 28 days like clockwork.

I feel sort of sad and figure I am in menopause, but I am only 41.  I just hate to think that I am in menopause because it just makes me feel so old.  I would love to have a period! Gawd...never thought I'd say that...lol.

My libido is good, I have no problems with vaginal dryness, and never have hot flashes....but I have no periods.  I took 10 days of progesterone, and it did not induce a period.  So...probably I'm in menopause and am one of the "lucky" women who don't suffer with side effects.  Maybe that's why I'm having such a hard time accepting that I might be in menopause because I have no other side effects.

But Kayla, you're younger than me...what does your doctor say about your not having periods?
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

Kayla B.
on 9/15/11 9:55 pm - Austin, TX
It is my totally non-scientific and unproven thought that there might be a lot of post-WLS women that are told they are in menopause due to their age, but there is probably just a hormonal imbalance due to weight.  It really depends on the hormone results.  Obviously, a doctor can't blame mine on menopause due to my age, but I'd guess if I were over 35, it would be different.

My LH and FSH are both low, and in menopause, the pattern should be (I think!  my mind is stretching at this early hour) high FSH...because the pituitary keeps making more and more and more hormone to stimulate the follicles (FSH = follicle stimulating hormone), but the follicles don't respond by creating viable eggs.

Anyhow, I have both low LH and FSH, so my eggs are sitting there waiting waiting waiting to be stimulated by my brain (hypothalamus in the brain tells the pituitary gland to make hormones, which tell the ovaries to make estrogen + progesterone and develop and get fertlized and make babies).  So somewhere along this looong line (hypothalamus > pituitary > ovary) my message doesn't get sent so I make no hormones (if the LH/FSH don't get made, then they can't go to the ovaries to tell the ovaries to make estrogen or progesterone).

Ultrasound shows nice healthy ovaries waiting to mature...but no hormones to do so.  And I have no tumors on my pituitary or hypothalamus.

Oh my this is getting long (sorry!). 

My diagnosis is hypothalamic amenorrhea.  This is the same syndrome athletes/anorexics will get from having too low body weight/body fat.  But I wear between size 8-10 and my BMI is usually in the 25-26 range, and I gained 15 lbs and it didn't do diddly squat, so I just am not convinced that I'm too thin.  I think my body is just totally freaked and not recovering from a loss of all that body fat.

I've been working for 3 yrs almost to get my period back and nothing works.  I just do hormone replacements to help absorb calcium (estrogen helps body absorb more calcium). 

Definitely not saying this is happening to you, and not that it really matters.  But I hope that helps you decode any lab results you have.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Felicia S.
on 9/16/11 2:22 am, edited 9/16/11 2:27 am - Lincoln, NE
Very very interesting.  I have nonscientific theories too...I sometimes wonder if my DS surgeon messed up my ovaries by manipulating them during surgery.  He always checks everything out and touches the ovaries.  BUT...if that were true why do some women become MORE fertile after their DS's?  So my theory is a little flawed...but I always wondered if I had some insult occur to my ovaries during the surgery.

Also, I have been told my periods are messed up because of the weight loss..etc...but like you I am not skinny or anorexic.  I weigh 145 pounds with a BMI of almost 25.  Shoot!  Starving women in Ethiopia get pregnant, so how can that be a cause of our missing periods??

I feel like Caroline Ingalls!  lol  I told my sister that I no longer have periods and she joking said I'm no longer a woman.  I know that is just silly, but I sometimes feel like that :(

My FSH was low the last time, but the estradiol was high...that is not good either.  I don't think they checked the LH and progesterone levels.  The testosterone level was normal.

I'll let you know what these results are next week.  I have thought about going for acupuncture to help get my hormones back in balance.  I don't know if it would be a waste of money or not.  We'll see.

Felicia
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/15/11 6:48 am
Hey Kirmy,

While I wouldn't rule out other things, stress can REALLY wipe out a sex drive. You mentioned a lot of stressors, do you have any vacation time coming up? It sounds like you could use a nice holiday and get away form it all for a bit. I just got back from a cruise and I feel randy as an adolescent monkey, before that I was never in the mood.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com