Xpost PLEASE help. Has anyone had the micropouch with Dr James Sapala????

ginany
on 9/10/11 12:14 pm - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
OK So I emailed Dr Keshishian and Rabkin.  Dr K eshishian called me.  He said he does not see any reason why it cannot be done and if Dr Roslin says he cant there are plenty of other great surgons in NY that can and he suggest I see another. 
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

newyorkbitch
on 9/10/11 12:08 pm
Go see Dr Inabnet at Mt Sinai in NYC.
ginany
on 9/10/11 12:16 pm - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
Im ctually going to look into Inabet and see if he takes my insurace.  I know Pomp does not.  Does anyone have any othet suggestions for a Great NY doc?
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

newyorkbitch
on 9/10/11 12:27 pm
I would ask Pomp's office if anyone else at Cornell has revision to DS experience who might be on your insurance.

If Inabnet doesn't take your insurance,  ask him if any of the other Sinai docs in his division take your insurance who have revision to DS experience.  Dr. Herron at Mt Sinai is also someone to check out.

If you are limited to docs who take your insurance,  you could start by seeing which bariatric surgeons are on your insurance.  What insurance do you have?
ginany
on 9/9/11 10:57 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12

Here is a description of the micropouch for you vets out there that may know some more and may be able to giv.e me some feedback

The Sapala-Wood Micropouch® procedure is an operation in which the top of the stomach is not stapled, but completely divided, creating a grape sized "micropouch" separate from the lower part of the stomach. The small intestine is also divided into two ends. This division allows the food to bypass the stomach so that it will not receive any food or liquids, but still maintain its function because of its nerve and blood supply interaction. The innovative Micropouch® empties more rapidly than previously used 30-cc pouches and allows you to absorb fewer calories, resulting in sustained weight loss. This is why patients are able to maintain a healthy body weight more than 10 years following surgery.

Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268