2-1/2 year update (almost) with pics...life is good

Felicia S.
on 9/6/11 8:52 am - Lincoln, NE
I just want to encourage all the newbies...getting the DS is SO very worth it.  I know it sounds very cliche, but for the first time in I don't know how long I'm finally living life.  I got a divorce about a year postop and now I have a boyfriend, I've traveled all over the US and Canada, and reached my weight loss goal in 9 months.  Since then (February of 2010) I have been maintaining my weight within a few pounds of my original goal.

I essentially eat whatever I want.  I'm working on curbing my simple sugars because I've really let it get out of control.  I don't want to possibly lose all that I fought for over the last several years as, you all know, simple sugars are what can eventually kick our butts in the end as we absorb 100% of simple sugars.

I took a bootie (ish) shot today as I was smiling and thinking of the poster *****cently showed off her booty shot that her mom took outside a restaurant (I'm sorry a I can't think of your name off the top of my head!).  You can see that I didn't lose all of my butt.  You can also see my spare tire (I didn't suck my gut in for the pic...but that's okay as it is so much better than my preop pictures.

I am now working toward getting plastic surgery and can't wait :).  So, here are a few pictures of me:

TODAY 145 POUNDS 2-1/2 YEARS POSTOP (SIZE 7):

ME 5 WEEKS BEFORE MY SURGERY AT 255 POUNDS, SIZE 22:

HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

elixir
on 9/6/11 8:58 am - MI
You look great! Congrats on your success. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Felicia S.
on 9/6/11 9:05 am - Lincoln, NE
:) Thank you so much. :)

Felicia

Fran-I Am
on 9/6/11 8:58 am
OMG! You look so young!!! Amazing!

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
Felicia S.
on 9/6/11 9:04 am - Lincoln, NE
thank you...I'm 41. I was feeling "old" today, so your post really boosted my spirits!

Felicia

Jolly Rancher
on 9/6/11 9:14 am
WOW! I'm jealous! You look great and SO happy!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Felicia S.
on 9/6/11 9:20 am - Lincoln, NE
Oh! Don't be jealous! You're beautiful!...we're pretty close in surgery dates.

How are YOU doing with your food comittment this weeks?  So far I'm doing okay.  I bought some Atkins bars (have 2 net carbs and 19 g of protein) so I wouldn't be tempted to cheat with other sweets.  So far it's working (I guess) as I haven't eaten the ice cream, cookies, cakes, candy, etc that I've been eating every day...BUT I did eat 2 protein bars, so I'm gonna cut myself off.  I also had popcorn. Although my short-term goal was to curb the simple sugars, I really think I need to reel in my popcorn habit as well and limit it to 2 times a week.  I do LOVE popcorn though...so we'll see.  Little by little.

I hope yesterday and today went well for you!

Felicia

Jolly Rancher
on 9/6/11 10:48 am
Thank you. I thought of you when I posted my bites today. They were not fantastic.....Not nearly as bad as the last few weeks carb wise, but not great....I forgot I had a case of the Rockin Roll protein bars, so those will be on the agenda. I'm debating over enchiladas or chili tomorrow. I'm determined to do better, and honestly this week HAS been better, but I have some work to do.

I don't think I will ever be getting down to your weight, but I'm not overly dissatisfied with where I am, I just don't want to risk any regain.

I'm so on the fence regarding popcorn. So many here tout it as a great food, but no no to regular corn. I guess I just don't get that part of it. I eat it occasionally, but not really often. Mostly just at the movies.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Gina1013
on 9/6/11 9:34 am - Canton, OH
 WoW!!  You look amazing!
I love these kinds of posts because they really ARE encouraging.

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

lwoznick
on 9/6/11 9:58 am - Green Bay, WI
What a wonderful transformation! You've really rocked your DS! I'm getting mine next week and hope I'm as successful! Seeing posts like yours is very inspiring!

Lisa
Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1471 views