Grocery lists

Mdae
on 9/3/11 4:05 pm, edited 9/3/11 4:06 pm
i went grocery shopping tonight for a few easy protein things...

stew meat - one small pkg thaws quick to flour and fry and eat by itself.
new york steak - i got bleu cheese to stuff inside, and also like it in strips, with grilled onions, a little lawry's and some pepperjack cheese on top!
ricotta - decided to try some fluff again for sweet cravings!
canned salmon - with chopped onion, a little cornmeal and egg, i make it into fried patties
turkey drumsticks - marinating now, for rotisserie dinner tomorrow
duck - all that fatty goodness (again in the rotisserie with a spicy rub)
bacon/chicken - i cook the bacon, filet open an chicken breast so it's thin (use lawry's to season), cook it in the bacon grease, top with bacon, a slice of pepperjack and some avocado
sunflower seeds - great movie snack!
also going to make some white chili (made with chicken and great northern beans)
lots of butter
zucchini to steam
corn on the cob to roast with taco seasoning
spinach for sauteing
pork roast and bbq sauce for crockpot pulled pork (i also like ham in the crockpot)
oh, and smoked oysters just because!

and sausage and eggs and heavy cream!

Jolly Rancher
on 9/4/11 1:43 am
Yum!

New York Steak and Filet are my favorite cuts of beef, but they didn't have a good selection of either yesterday. I'm assuming they were all bought up for Labor Day cookouts. I'm jotting them on for next week's list though.

I always have tons of nuts and seeds on hand for snacking.

Now, I've got to go get some corn on the cob!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
scoob
on 9/3/11 10:03 pm - Somerset, KY
Heavy Cream
Butter
Popcorn
Bacon
Turkey-Love deep fried turkey!
Ground beef-We make all kinds of yummys with ground beef
Chicken-of all sorts
Cottage cheese
Cheese sticks
Eggs
Whole Wheat Bread
Whole Wheat Crackers
Blocks of assorted cheeses
Ribeye
Pork Loin
Whole Milk
Power Bars-Yummy chocolate with 10 protein
Cool Ranch Doritos- to go with the cottage cheese!
Carbmaster yogurt

I love to make up yummy stuff! I get bored easy. My fav recipe folder is popping at the seams. We have them all on the computer but nothing like having what I want at my finger tips. Most of my goodies are just stuff I throw together. Love to cook, just don't like cleaning up afterwards! I don't buy lots of carby stuff. If it's not in the house I can't eat it. The family doesn't need it either.

The Turkey is going to be around 16lbs. My DH wants to throw me a DS party. I want Deep Fried turkey, deviled eggs, baked beans, potatoes, lil smokies wrapped in bacon and brown sugar, and what ever else my little heart desires!  I'm going to cook most of this, so I'll make what I want,lol. I have decided, There will be no desert. Maybe pig candy. Is that mean?

Love this thread!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Jolly Rancher
on 9/4/11 1:45 am
I still haven't tried deep fried turkey! Is it really all it's cracked up to be?
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
kjfras
on 9/4/11 5:58 am - North Lauderdale, FL
Hell YEAH Janice!!

We bought a Butterball "Inside" Turkey fryer because we LOVE deep fried turkey.  A 14lb bird only takes 45 minutes to fry up.  We use it for chickens too.....just rub some cajun seasoning or some Lawrey's seasoning salt on it and you are good to go....so moist and juicy and don't get me started on that crispy skin....

Dang, sounds like I need to go grab a turkey tomorrow at the store- I'm starving for one now!

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

scoob
on 9/4/11 11:13 pm - Somerset, KY
OMG, yes!! Melt in your mouth good!! Crispy outside very moist inside. Deslish!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

NoreenRT
on 9/4/11 7:38 am - Warner Robins, GA
lil smokies, bacon, brown sugar..uh??? do tell ruby... what comes next in preparing this delish sounding yummy?

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Jolly Rancher
on 9/4/11 7:20 pm
Whatever your heart desires to make it "sticky". You can use bbq sauce, or mix bbq sauce with mustard (I do not prefer this, as I'm not a mustard lover). Basically you anything wet you like to make the brown sugar more sticky and saucy-ish. They are delicious!

Hopefully Ruby will chime in with what she uses/likes, but it's simple and easy. Cut a package of bacon in half. Grab a pack of little smokies, and wrap each half slice around the smokie, securing with a toothpick. When you're all finished, mix your brown sugar with your wet ingredient, then pop in the smokies, covering completely. Any sauce left over, I just dump over the sausages. Pop in the oven....I think I do 350, until the bacon looks crisp to my liking. Nom, nom.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
cajungirl
on 9/5/11 5:52 am
Checking in, reading all the grocery list responses, and now I want turkey LOL.

Get boneless skinless chicken thighs and cut into pieces. Mix equal parts brown sugar and cajun seasoning. I rinse the chicken, dip in the sugar/seasoning blend, wrap with bacon and cook on the grill. Absolutely delicious.

I usually also brown Jimmy Dean sausage and mix with cream cheese and shredded cheddar. Slice jalapenos in half remove seeds and stuff with the mixture, cook on grill.

Both work well re-heated in the microwave, for me at least.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Jolly Rancher
on 9/5/11 5:59 am
The chicken thighs sound delish!!!

I'm not so much a fan of cream cheese, but I wish I was. I see so many recipes that just LOOK like they'd be awesome. I've tried and tried and just can't get past it.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW