Grocery lists

Jolly Rancher
on 9/3/11 8:22 am
Hi all! I just got home from the grocery store and bought major yummies. I have been traveling every week for over a month now, and believe it or not, one does tire of eating out all the time. I was exhausted last night, with a bare fridge, so I ordered pizza. It just doesn't do it for me like it used to. I decided to make my grocery list, and to buy some delicious food! I'll post my list below. Note, I'm a very picky eater.

What's on your list?

Ground beef, chili beans, kidney beans, tomato juice - for chili. I don't care if it's 200 degrees, I always love chili
Brisket - I didn't get this because I'm afraid I'll screw it up
Ground beef, enchilada sauce - for enchiladas. I already had corn tortillas
Block of mexican melting cheese
Milk
Sausage crumbles - to try Ms Cal's sausage, egg, cheese thingy
sirloin steak (and marinade)
green beans
eggs
tortilla chips
potatos
butter - like there was any question!
bacon - see comment above
lemons - for homeade lemonade
baby back ribs - from Honey Baked Ham because I've never had good success with them and these are so easy!
LOTS of cheeses!
rotisserie chicken - for today/tonight, while I'm thinking of all the things I'm going to cook this week
lettuce
pre-cooked grilled chicken - for salads

Alright, let's hear it!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Emily F.
on 9/3/11 11:38 am
I eat my weight in Greek yogurt mixed w cheesecake jello pudding and half and half. At least twice a day.

half and half for shakes
deli meat and cheese for sandwiches
lots of bacon and sausage and eggs
Jolly Rancher
on 9/4/11 1:39 am
I'm not a fan of yogurt of any kind, unfortunately.

I do a LOT of deli meat and cheese during the week, when I'm home. It's quick, easy and yummy.

I also do a lot of bacon, but I take it in spurts. Sometimes I'll have it several times a week, then it will be a week or two before I have it again. I always have it in the fridge, as it's another very easy go-to snack, when there's not much else.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 11:56 am - San Jose, CA

Fresca and Diet Barq's
Coffee creamers (Plain and French vanilla, because the vanilla is too sweet), for my fresh ground Starbuck's whole bean French roast coffee
Safeway Steakhouse Chili (in the fresh soup display)
Chicken thighs (bone and skin included), and Lawrey's Teriyaki pineapple marinade (I grill 8 at a time and eat cold for breakfast and snacks - I eat at least two big thighs a day)
Filet mignon - grilled, and leftovers eaten for days afterwards
Fresh corn, grilled and eaten doused in butter and salt
Muenster cheese slices, tomatoes, baconnaise and (mostly my husband's) potato bread for cheese sandwiches (I have to be willing to tolerate the gas afterwards, of course)
Frozen Michaellina's (?) eggplant parmasean
Four bean salad from Costco
String cheese
Safeway's "Trap-Cheese Artist" cheesy poofs
Oatmeal cookies
Costco canned chicken breast, mayo and pickle relish - 72 g of protein for a "snack"
Bagged Caeser salad
Fresh peaches (to be eaten cut up with sour cream and a little sugar)
Vanilla ice cream and grenadine syrup

I've been off my bacon for a while - at some point, I will start craving it again.

I'm already planning Thanksgiving ... TURKEY!  HoneyBaked Ham!  Yams!

Jolly Rancher
on 9/3/11 12:58 pm
I always forget how good Diet Barq's is! One of my guy friends introduced me to it a few months ago. I'm jotting that down for the next list.

Yum - TURKEY!!!!!!!! Believe it or not, it was on my list for this week, and I thought I should wait until maybe next week, with getting the rotisserie chicken and all. LOL @ Honey Baked Ham...I also almost bought one of those little hams today, but again, thought I should wait until next week!

Great ideas here. I do so love corn also!!!!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
dustydeer
on 9/3/11 2:46 pm
LOL...Fresca...oh boy...never thought you as a Fresca drinker...my world just went upside down...lmao

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 3:08 pm - San Jose, CA

Fresca = not very sweet.  And they changed it since the 70s to a good mix of artificial sweeteners that aren't bitter.  And it's non-cola, so no phosphoric acid, which is bad for the bones.

I can't figure out the Barq's though - I tried some a couple of months ago, and now I'm drinking 2 Barq's to each Fresca.  Before then, it was all Fresca, all the time.  Barq's too sweet, but - I'm liking it anyway, for now.  I'm afraid to check whether it has phosphoric acid. 

Wait - why would my drinking Fresca turn your world upside down?  What did you think I drank?  WATER??  Never.

dustydeer
on 9/4/11 3:31 am, edited 9/4/11 3:32 am
Drinking Fresca is a long, on-going joke between my husband and I. It's very elitish, yuppy soda. (I guess now they'd be called hipsters.) I love it, don't get me wrong...

Once we were at the marina and an ivy league wanna-be couple decked out in their best nautucal sailing attire were at local piggly wiggly asking if they carried Fresca...and you should have heard to tone and accent ...

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/11 3:54 am - San Jose, CA
Oh well then.  I first tasted Fresca in the soda machine in my dining hall in college ... at - yes - Yale.  But it was nasty back then, and I didn't like it.  I rediscovered it a few years ago when Pepsi stopped making my beloved diet orange Slice, which had been my soda for 25+ years, and I needed to find something else to drink.
dustydeer
on 9/3/11 2:52 pm
So I start with meats. Then cheese. Then I figure out the rest.

So if I desire tuna, it's pretty simple, I'll have tuna..add in assorted veg or not and mayo and whole wheat crackers.
If I am in the mood for soup...I make a meaty soup and a few veg, and eat it all week.
If I am in the mood for seafood, I might make seafood salad with whole wheat crackers all week.

I eat shakes and bacon/eggs/sausage all week. So that's not hard to work out.

Dinner doesn't matter. I eat a few bites of whatever I cook. It's what everyone else wants and it's not an issue because by the time dinner comes it's late and I have already eaten all my protein requirements and I can't eat much that late or else I pay for it.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118