How's YOUR restriction doing?

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 10:57 am
I am a little over 6 years out and I am about the same as Ms Batt.  Some days I can eat a LOT and other days..meh... nothing to speak of.  Sometimes I will be starving and am filled up on 1/3 of the meat entree..forget the salad or anything else.  I am so glad for the malabsorption.

Michele
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 11:27 am
I also have a tiny Dr. Anthone tummy.  Today I am 4 weeks out from surgery, and I've also noticed that some days I'm MUCH hungrier than others, but I can only eat a maximum of 3 bites before I get sick, which I try to avoid but happens sometimes.

I too, before surgery was able to eat 2 fast food meals at one time.  At Burger King, I would eat a full-size Whopper with cheese and bacon, a traditional chicken sandwich (the one on the hoagie bun), most of the 2 sets of fries, and most of the REGULAR Cokes that came with the meals!  At other times, I could also eat a whole steak burrito with guacamole added from Chipotle, in addition to chips and guac or salsa and a REGULAR Coke!  With pizza, I could easily eat 1/2 of a large 3-topping pizza (4 pieces), plus breadsticks and sometimes a salad.  With a regular soda, of course.  So right now, I'm eating way less than 1/4 of what I used to eat.  I was always a big eater though, even as a child, although I was lucky and was not overweight while young.  When I was with my ex-husband, I could out-eat him easily!   
kathie09
on 9/2/11 5:59 pm - not available
Hey Kinzi!...

I just noticed we are switch sisters! I was switched on the 5th of August as well, and I think we've lost about the same amount of weight. Good Job! Okay, that is all.....I just got excited to see that we were reborn on the same day
kathie09
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 4:12 am
You're right, we are switch sisters!    It's amazing how quick the weight comes off early on, isn't it?  I do feel "reborn" kind of like a caterpillar in a cocoon, waiting for my transformation to be complete!
beemerbeeper
on 9/2/11 11:37 am - AL
What restriction?  Gots none as far as I can tell.  Ask Ginger what I ate for lunch yesterday: At Ruby Tuesdays:  Tilapia covered with cheese and shrimp. baked potato with butter and sour cream, sweet potato fries and a cheese biscuit.  All of it.  No problem.

If I don'****ch my carbs I can easily gain weight.

~Becky

J J the Jet Plane
on 9/2/11 11:49 am
ok I am one week out and I feel like I have little restriction- it is there but I can drink really well and I am getting in liquids easily, I have not vomited, but Im not eating yet- well jello and pudding but i thought i would have more restriction. we will see what happens.
newyorkbitch
on 9/2/11 11:59 am
I'm 11.5 years out.  I have zero restriction.  I eat as much as I did pre-op.  It's been like this for at least 6 years.  My DS works like a charm...it's all about the malabsorption.
amccu18007
on 9/2/11 12:05 pm - Newark, DE
I still feel like I have a ton of restriction. At a year out, the only time I feel ike that I can eat a lot is right before my cycle. I get a day or two where I can literally eat all day long and never feel stuffed. Most times I eat a few bites every half an hour or so. Thank goodness I am a stay at home mom and don't have to pack my food for the day!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

goodkel
on 9/2/11 12:51 pm
Four years out and I can eat a kid's fast food meal less half the fries and half of the bun. I can eat two large thin crust slices of pizza minus the crust.

If I'm going out to dinner or going to have a big-ish meal, it helps if I eat something 2-3 hours before. It seems to stretch my stomach a bit allowing me to eat a little more. If I start on a meal totally empty and very hungry, it takes very little before I am too full to eat more.

So, it IS still working just fine.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

J G.
on 9/2/11 3:07 pm
if I eat something 2-3 hours before. It seems to stretch my stomach a bit allowing me to eat a little more

Kelly, hmmm...Interesting idea.   With me it seems like after I eat dinner, I just keep eating about every hour.  Maybe it's because I have stretched my stomach or something....I just eat all night long.

-Jenny