Surgery Tuesday (9/6), and I'm scared:-(

Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 1:40 pm
I'm blessed with 2 angels. MaryC from Jersey and Jamille(Heres2aNewMe)! They probably will both being posting updates. Thank you so much Ginger, I will probably take you up on your offer and vent, vent, vent.

Thanks!

Nika
Jennifer D.
on 9/3/11 1:11 pm
Hi Nika
I totally psyched myself out before surgery focusing on the 'vacation' and meeting another OH member. Something that is so simple but really helped me was knowing and reminding myself that this whole thing will take seconds from my perspective, I'd fall asleep and wake up switched. Wishing you the best!
Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 1:43 pm
Jennifer you are so right! From my perspective I will remember counting down from 100 and from there waking up in recovery and getting settled into bed. The awesome thing is... I will wake up switched! Can't wait to join you!!!!!

Nika
RKLC2002
on 9/3/11 1:24 pm - Omaha, NE
I completely understand what you're saying.  I don't even have a date yet, but I know exactly how you feel.  I'm sure you'll do great and I can't wait to hear how you're doing.     Cheers to your new life and journey!!    

5' 10"    HW= 327   SW=319 lbs        CW=200  (lowest was 180)    GW=170

No regrets with my DS!!!  

Open DS with Dr. Anthone  - October 14, 2011
Ventral Hernia repair/panniculectomy/hysterectomy - Nov 2012; 
Bowel Blockage due to hysterectomy and adhesions - Feb 2013;
Ventral Hernia repair with mesh - Dec 2013

Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 1:45 pm
RKLC2002, good luck with your date, can't wait to see you posting your date and then posting how nervous you are the days before surgery. LOL Thanks for the well wishes and positive vibes.

Take Care,

Nika
KellyJTn
on 9/3/11 1:58 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
Girl, I was a nervous wreck the entire week before my surgery. I had the phone in my hand ready to cancel it the night before. I am SO SO thankful that I went through with it though. You will do great!! Can't wait for you to join us on the dark side ;)   We have cookies, you know :P

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 2:19 pm
Ooooooh I love cookies! Lol The crazy thing is when they called me yesterday, I was thinking they were cancelling my surgery. Not sure if I'm that "reckless" to call and cancel my surgery. Check on me tomorrow night, I might be at that point. LOL I'm so thankful for all the advice given, thus far, definitely easing my fears:-)

Nika
lisarn
on 9/3/11 1:58 pm - Omaha, NE
Nika...you've gotten some wise words here (and funny pictures too!). I had my surgery the day after Memorial Day...so I can relate to you having a 3 day weekend before surgery. I was like Julie, very zen leading up to my surgery. I was just excited to get it done because it had been delayed a week due to an emergancy with my Dr. so I was more than ready!
Sounds like you have things all lined up with your girls for afterwards. I'm sure you've done all your research and know what to expect post-op. You are prepared. Just sit back, relax, enjoy the weekend with your family and friends. And just think....the next Labor Day you will be so much happier, healthier and active!
Lisa
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 2:36 pm
WOW! I took my girls swimming today, because one of them just had a birthday, and of course they asked the golden question..."Mommy can you please swim with us?" I gave them the usual reply of No, but as they were enjoying themselves in the water, I set back and thought...this time next year I will be in the water with them and not so self-conscious about being the "biggest" person at the pool. Can't wait until next Labor Day next year.

I can't eat too much Labor day, because after breakfast I can't eat anything but liquids. Unfortunately I have to work Labor Day, because I'm in this wondeful field of nursing, if I don't work this holiday I will be thrown on another holiday, like Christmas or Thanksgiving (which I worked both last year).

Thanks,

Nika
scoob
on 9/3/11 9:34 pm - Somerset, KY
I remember my freak out. It has all been worth it so far. I'm 11 and half months out and -125lbs. Not too shabby,huh? You are in WONDERFUL hands. They'll take excellent care of you there. Hope you have a very boring stay. Remember to mark your laps on the board!! HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"